Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 MR2 Patch 1

All-

Patch 1 for Mastercam X2 MR2 is now available on the X2 Downloads section of Mastercam.com as well on the Extranet.

This patch is a translator update for X2 MR2. The initial release of Mastercam X2 MR2 was unable to import SolidWorks 2008 or SolidEdge V20 part files. The patch will update the Mastercam translators, which will allow these files to be opened. These translators will NOT function on a Windows 2000 machine. The same executable is also available via the Update Manager. The title bar and Mastercam version will NOT change after the patch is installed.

Download "mastercamx2-mr2-patch001.exe" and double-click on it to run the installation. Make sure Mastercam is closed before running the installation.

Product | File Name | File Size | File Version

X2 MR2 | commonsworksdataSwDocumentMgr.dll | 5626kb | 16.0.0.3066

X2 MR2 | commonedgedataSEPartReader.dll | 11348kb | 19.0.0.64

X2 MR2 Patch 1 | commonsworksdataSwDocumentMgr.dll | 5674kb | 16.0.0.9034

X2 MR2 Patch 1 | commonedgedataSEPartReader.dll | 11776kb | 20.0.0.96

If you have any problems or suggestions, please email [email protected].

Thank you.

[ 10-12-2007, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bell, CNC Software ]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Solidworks has already dropped support for Win2k with SW2007. Others are folliwing suit, this isn't a MCAM issue it's an industry issue"

Microsoft is supporting (extended) windows 2000 until 7/13/2010, Just because others are dropping support is a very lame argument. The eula of xp/vista are not acceptable to me, and a lot of others as well. Mastercam will lose out on some future maintenance contracts by discontinuing support for 2000.

quote:

Mastercam will lose out on some future maintenance contracts by discontinuing support for 2000.

Can not agree with this thinking CAM, chances are if they are still running win2k now and in the future, they won't likely be upgrading any other software either.

"Can not agree with this thinking CAM, chances are if they are still running win2k now and in the future, they won't likely be upgrading any other software either."

Two examples in this thread alone disagree with your thinking already.

"because our entire corporation is Win2000, no exceptions." Randy @ Streamflow Industries running

MCX2 MR2 Lathe, Mill L1, Solids

I only run 2000 pro I am on x2 level 3 solids with maintenance for another year, I just don't see any reason to renew maintenance at the end if they are not going to support operating systems that microsoft still supports.

I'm not a computer guru, but I think the big boys

are leaving Win2K behind for techincal reasons not support issues.

All of my applications are faster and more stable

in XP Pro than they were in Win2K.

I often go months at a time without a Mastercam crash. In V9/Win2K crashes were much more common

and way more painful.

I havn't seen a blue screen of death in a couple of years now.

I used to run X in Win2K and saw immediate

improvements in releiabilty when I upgraded

to XP.

Win2K's core technolgy is NT4 which is nearly a decade old now... a lifetime in the software world. IMO Win2K support is being dropped because

supporting it degraded overall performance.

"I havn't seen a blue screen of death in a couple of years now."

I haven't seen one from mastercam on 2000 EVER, i have had mastercam crash occasionally/rarely, but never the blue screen of death.

imo they are not supporting 2000 simply because of the extra time/money to keep compatible. I know nothing said here will likely change their mind, but it is a fact they will lose some maintenance customers in not supporting it.

Then I guess the same goes for the other Cam systems loosing people as they are all around the corner from phasing Win2K and the Cad systems two as some all ready have to.

Just like I know few that lived by Win98 and still want to run it.

Microsoft will be phasing Win2K soon by what I have seen from being a Microsoft Partner.

quote:

but it is a fact they will lose some maintenance customers in not supporting it.

Does seem silly that people/companies would spend the big money on killer high dollar apps and then load them on some 10 year old OS running on old hardware. Spend 10,15,20 grand on the software and load it on 100 dollar pc's. Maintenance prolly isn't a high priority with that kind of thinking.

(You can keep making up assumptions, still does not change the fact of my statement.) Bottom line this how you feel and you want to stay with Win2K. So sorry to hear as is the bottom line we will have NO chocie some were in time.I am building another box for my wife and putting her on Vista as I know we are going there and I have to know more about it to support it.

So I don't see this as fight but a matter of oponion.

"I know nothing said here will likely change their mind,"

I said in my second post. I guess people can't read. rolleyes.gif

I will go to open source before i agree to microsofts new eula with registration codes. I have bought new seats of 2000pro since xp sp2 was out, just won't depend on getting a code from them. I'm sure a few more people will bash me for that.

"what I have seen from being a Microsoft Partner."

So ironic that microsoft calls its vendors or whatever, partners as it is a monopoly and its "partners" are just puppets.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

My understanding is that to devolping on the latest development software is the issue. If developers want to take advantage of the latest tools, they need to go to .net3

From MSDN re; .net3

quote:

...System Requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Longhorn (Windows Code Name) ; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2

Run with the big dogs or stay on the porch. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't know if they (CNC) is using .net3 yet. If they're not, I'd imagine it's on the short horizon.

I know that Solidworks no longer supports Win2K

Solidworks Current System Requirements

Solidworks PDM Current System Requirements

CATIA Minimum System Requirements seem to state that V5 R16 and above do not support Windows 2000 either. So it looks like our friend camgeneration's company is going to be stuck with obsolete software before too long. CATIA does not appear to support Linux (code for "Open Source" rolleyes.gif

My personal spidey senses tend to get a little tingly when companies refuse to run software that require that they get codes to run said software. Seems like either they are paranoid about something (like the tin-foil folks) or they want to run more licenses than they have paid for. I'm not sayin' anything , I'm just sayin'... biggrin.giftongue.gif