Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

xform project on surface

dprovost71

firebounce.gif

I went to project some letters on a conical surface. The letters projected onto both sides. the top side where I wanted it was fragmented and incomplete. My work around was to rotate my construction plane 180deg and then project. The unfragented letters were where I wanted them. I delete the fragmented entities on the opposite side. Must be a bug.

cuckoo.gif

dprovost71,

Rickster's advice is what I was going to suggest. The command is called "Split" and is part of the Create-Surface menu. You have to move the base of the arrow near the point of the surface you want it to be "divided" at but it's not exact. Once you've clicked on the position you'll have two choices for the split direction, either lengthwise along the surface or across it. The "flip" button is on the left side of the ribbon bar. It looks like the "reverse chain" arrow button in the toolpath chain dialog. HTH cheers.gif

BTW, this is Peter, formerly of S4A fame. How are you guys doin'? Everyone still there that I remember? E-mail me if you get a chance. L8tr. biggrin.gif