Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCx on a Mac

cboggs

quote:

But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Nope and neither do I. Mac's for all of the people who love them are really NOT geared to be running high end Engineering Level stuff.

Of course someone will jump in and try to refute this but if they do I am going to ask if they have ever loaded in a file with 150+ operations and done much 3D stuff with it.

quote:

Mac's for all of the people who love them are really NOT geared to be running high end Engineering Level stuff.

Of course someone will jump in and try to refute this but if they do I am going to ask if they have ever loaded in a file with 150+ operations and done much 3D stuff with it.

I hate to prove you right and be the one jumping in but......

As far as hardware is concerned, Macs are no different than Windows boxes. If you're talking about an entry level iMac, I would have to agree with you but if you're talking about a Mac Pro, then that's a completely different story. The same holds true in the winblows world. Would you buy an entry level PC and expect it to run large 3-D files? probably not.

The name says it all, Macbooks and imacs are designed "consumer grade" with price in mind.

Macbook Pro and Mac Pro are designed for "Professional applications"

No, I have not run Mastercam on my Mac. I have an older PowerPC iBook. I don't have an Intel Mac(pro) that can run windows natively but I'm sure there are people out there doing it.

The bottom line is: Hardware is Hardware, no matter what box it's in. Running bootcamp on a mac is like a side by side install with XP/vista. No sacrifice in performance. Each operating system has it's own partition and functions independently.

JM2C

(Flame suit on)

• 2 months later...

I got my installation cd...

I am gonna try it on the WII cheers.gif

that would be cool...rotate solids with the motion of a wrist twist.. pushing the remote forward or backwards would zoom in or out..

maybe I should start a improvement thread. rolleyes.gif

anyone want to test it on the PS3 headscratch.gif

Heck,

I was able to get the web install onto an SD card, installed and running on my GPS.

I can program from anywhere now, even the touch screen works with it.

wink.gif