Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Information

ducati

Like I said in the OT forum

quote:

FBM is geared more towards users that have little or no manufacturing experience.

Power users are not likely to cede control of their programming to FBM.

That's probably a good thing. With FBM added, I believe more people will venture in through the door and take a stab at the 3D work, which ultimately is good for everyone. Once the masses can use software without putting in a lot of time and effort, more complaining/feedback then occurs. Not wanting to give up the sales momentum and hype, changes and enhancements get made quicker. A large percentage of MC users probably do not go into the 3d machining realm that often, so the ability to develop skills in that arena is stymied.

"Power users are not likely to cede control of their programming to FBM."

Flame suit on.

Heh, I've been using MC for about 8 months now, and the power users, all of them, (which I do have a tremendous amount of respect for) have been steering me towards Solidworks and Powermill to do the jobs that MC can't. The power users that are using Mastercam have already ceded control of there programming, hence the irony. Power users and Mastercam. Jumbo shrimp.

I personally would prefer that MC strip all CAD functionality out of its software and focus on the CAM side of it. We're already seeing the alliances with Inventor and Solidworks. Just a matter of time before MC evolves and gets focused on what it is actually supposed to do, MACHINE.

quote:

The power users that are using Mastercam have already ceded control of there programming, hence the irony.

No, we have not. You just don;t know how to use the tool you have in front of you.

CAD not withstanding

smile.gif

"You just don;t know how to use the tool you have in front of you."

That's exactly who they are targeting with FBM, guys like me.

I'll validate that statement up to a certain point. As stated, 8 month's of mastercam experience with no support other than this forum and the book that I purchased, is but a drop in the bucket compared to what is required to obtain power user status. I've done pretty good so far with MC.

Speaking of tools, I do know how to use the spell checker biggrin.gif

I agree with John. I used Pro Man. It had FBM years ago. I never touched it. We did very complex parts, so I had no use for it. I think it will help those who do simple parts from what I saw in the demo. But for complex or multi axis, I think most 6 year olds will struggle a little.

GRRRRR OK the next X3 post I wanna read about is the one that says...

Download X3----here:

And could we please speed it up a little...

I would to get it BEFORE my Maintence expires!!! biggrin.gif

Edit... headscratch.gif hrm this is wierd...on this particular post my siggy not showing up headscratch.gif

They not show sigs over here on the working side ? biggrin.gif

[ 06-16-2008, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Murlin ]