Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup Sheets

X+ is "OK" I use it for a few things but if you want to customize it you had best understand excel macros and a little VB wouldn't be a bad thing either.

If you just want it DONE

In-House is they way to go.

I use it myself(my own business) and recommend it to our customers

quote:

has anybody worked with trying to incorporate a tool management software (Crib Master) into Mastercam to use the tool info that I have in my tool room.

Yes. I integrated Cribmaster and MCX.

The key is to use custom fields in Cribmaster to hold the MCX specific info, and Crystal reports to format your cribmaster data into a txt file that mastercam can import into a .tools file.

It is not fully live, because you still need to re-import the library into MCX as it changes, but still, I have thousands of (exact) tools in my mastercam libraries to choose from, including mfgr #'s and crib/bin locations for the setup sheets.

I use scheduled reports a few times a day, and can import my entire tooling inventory or just part of it, into mastercam libraries, based on location in the shop.

The folks at Winware (Cribmaster) say we are the only ones they know of that have done this with a cam system. Cribmaster and Mastercam are very flexible and are the only combo I know of that could pull it off.

It took a lot of front work to get going, but imagine "live tool libraries" based on where any given tool lies in the shop at any time, brought into mastercam, including links to mcx custom tool files. cool.gif

I've used SurfCam and its setupsheets r great!!

I am in search of someone who can help me to output setupsheets in Mastercam.

My expextations in a setupsheets would be:-

S.no - Toolpath Operation - Comment - ToolNo - Tool Type - Speed - Feed - Min Z - Time

This is very handy sheet for the operator to read and run the job. without this information the operator does not know what the program is ment to do? cutter where used? Min Z reach? etc

I'll highly appreciate someone providing such feature in my X2 Mastercam

Thanks.

Machine Pilot

I wouldn't want to burden you with a ton of requests since you have done such and OUTSTANDING job with yours, many might think it works like that out of the box.

wink.gif

JK John. I was just trying to show what is available for MCX.

Thanks to Gunther and In-House!!

Really, macros and VB is not that bad. If you can understand the MP post language you can pick up macros, and there is a LOT of info available.

I have been pretty open on my mods, and would gladly help others. cheers.gif

Thanks for all the help guys, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I believe its so important to get good info out to the operators. We are also trying to add Bar Codes to each tool so when they go to a Vending Machine or the Tool Room to get a tool they get the right one that I want them to use. Robert thanks we are going to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...