Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I'm A Student With Some Questions

04stx

I am a senior in high school and i love our CNC router at school. I am the only one that knows how to use the CNC. I've seen a project online made from aluminum that has a circle inside a cube. I would love to make this on our 3 axis router out of wood but I am not sure if this is possible. I've searched on this site but have had no luck. Is it possible and if it is can you kindly tell me how. Thank you so much for the help.

no such thing as a stupid question in this trade, if we were smart we would be making rockets or something special.. lol. boring.

you might want to check out the wood working side of this forum for ideas. they have made some pretty cool stuff, esp for fun.

John you want you can have it. there is a copy in the V9 files called Mach5.zip.

But if he wants it for pine derby then you need my copy from home as it is made to fit in the size of the block that you get for Pine Derby and I have the wheels and stuff on it.

Plus I made a level with the logo flat from the hood so you can make it a sticker like I did.

Let me know if you want mine.

quote:

Other than the face,skull and car, are there any other cool files that I can mess around with would take 3d milling?

There was a shark file floating around quite a few years back. I believe it was a V8 file. It was on the FTP.

There's also a female torso (GGGRRRRR!) step file in the Just 4 Fun folder. wink.gif

Thad

Can someone send me a file that Concept Tooling was asking for. It doesn't have to be 2x2x2 it can be anything under 4 inches. I would appreciate it so much because I can't figure out how to do it and if I saw the file I would learn a lot. Thank you so much.

• 2 months later...