Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 Scott,

Also - I did get your jpg's but not your mailing address, Kathy is also missing hers for the enthusiastic reply to the a formidable challenge.

What say the both of you responde so that I can send ChrisM his as well, otherwise I will just keep taking the beating. smile.gif

CAMmando = not, Mark was pulling for it but this was not the offer. Well done on the silver cup thing cause you nailed it anyways. biggrin.gif consolation could be the opportunity to be a bad guy in the starfleet thing, the only question that remains is how bad do you want to be?

P.S. Scott,

Wasn't OJ Simpson found not guilty?

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 06-24-2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

• 3 weeks later...

An option in the toolpath editor that will allow you to draw a window around an area on the displayed toolpth and insert a feedrate on these areas.

More work done on the Highfeed function.

A function that will break up splines to an input tolerance and replace them with arcs. Then turn them into splines again out of the arcs. Man, wouldn't this be nice for those hard to make surfaces and solids:)

Woah ya to a Free STEP:)

A function that will make a backup copy of your MC10 file in a seperate folder.

A function that will blow up someones computer if they are using an illegal copy of Mastercam:)

Murlin

[ 07-09-2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Murlin ]

"An option in the toolpath editor that will allow you to draw a window around an area on the displayed toolpth and insert a feedrate on these areas"

Open the chain manager, right click then click

"change at point"

quote:

A function that will make a backup copy of your MC10 file in a seperate folder.

Exists : autobackup

to call - Alt+A

And you can set it`s defaults in screen->config !

Use it all the way configured to create a file c:mastrestorebackup.mc9 every 15 minutes!

IMHO worth to use !

Iskander teh cautious

OH yes plattsav:)

I have been backing up manually...hate it when your video crashes you,or you run out of memory, open the file and it is not there, the properties say "0 bites".

Ya, that bites allrighty.......dunno what causes this.....Use to see it alot in Ver 8. Very rare now in Ver 9. But it happens from time to time.

W2k has a huge memory leak in it or somethin. I must get those patches someday...LOL

One should ALWAYS make a backup........Auto backup is need to know info for all users....thanks:)

gcode....thanks I will have to look at the chain editor function. But that sounds like you must change from that point and then change it back at another point.

Still a good feature though....what I was talking about would do a whole area of the toolpath at once without picking any points.

You would define a window of the toolpath, have a chance to unselect any undesired points, and have it change the feedrate on all the selected points.

Murlin

Murlin !

I do smthn more -when I have rather complex job ,I

save it like job1_1, job1_2and so on !

Thus I can easily return a step or more backward in case of mistake and not to start all from scratch!

And autobackup naturally.

And the disk backup schedually.

And the mastercam directory backup !

Iskander teh paranoid but safe ! biggrin.gif

[ 07-10-2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

plasttav and Rked.....Yes, you cant ever have too many backups. I use 2 seperate hard-drives for backing up my files.....

OK, OK......I have had some time to think about my wishlist......

I would still like a function for breaking splines up into arcs.

Solids Sweep that uses 3 entities instead of 2.

An addition to Coons that will allow one to choose several smaller surfaces and make one surface out of it, in this way ALL of the surface math will be used and not just the outer boundaries. I guess you could slice it up yourself, but I want it to be done for me...

Options include

Define Across

Define along

Set tangent blend tolorance for surface smoothing

Auto-Save to be changed from a Global function to a File function. IMO AutoSave would be better served working like this.

I would like an auto save on each file so a Permment backup PATH can be set on each MC10 file.

Oh Ya, and the toolpath editor windowing thing I earlier described....

A Solid filleting function that will automaticlly make a surface fillet in those hard to fillet areas and then trim to that surface:)

Well that ought to keep someone busy for a couple years....heh

Murlin

CNC Software couldn't pay enough what this thread and the forum in general does as far as valuable technical input, development ideas, and the overall contributions made by the members in here. Life is easier for a software development division when it's flooded with ideas by credible sources!

When machining an Outer Nested Pocket - the inner pockets machined with part don't apply to this, only the pocket removing the outermost material - it be great if MC could have a "Violate Outer Boundary" pocketing option. MC pockets the nested pocket but instead of needing a re-machine with smaller bit for areas too small, it just 'contours' along the inner pocket chain 'ignoring the outer pocket chain'. Now the approach I would use is do the standard pocket, then a contour toolpath with the same bit instead of re-machining. But a violate outer boundary option could do it without running a separate contour toolpath. It would pocket faster since instead of reversing direction when area is too small for the endmill's diameter, it plows ahead ignoring and cutting thru the outer chain boundary of the nested pocket.

This only applies for special cases, where a fast pocket to remove stock is needed on the outer portions of the part - a mold in our case for the after-market automotive industry

One little thing more :

in operation manager I want the active group to be seen with big red letter A on icon.

When I do smthn stupid ,MC must say in nice woman`s voice:

"Iskander , come on, are you nuts ?" smile.gif

Once young CNC machinist

Contributed a lot to wish list

All his things were neglected,

Only one was accepted-

That`s free coffee,for what he insist! cheers.gif

Iskander teh unknown poet

[ 07-20-2003, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

A function which would be really useful in axes-3+1 machining:

As i often use cylinder stock to machine flats on it i have to draw several toolpaths to manage entries/exits (especially if stock diameter is large). It'd be nice to chain a circle representing stock (drawn on a perpendicular c-plane to T-plane) and a single toolpath then let Mcam to calculate entries/exits according to rough-z depth.

A simple question: Why machining group commentary isn't write into nci file ?

quote:

A simple question: Why machining group commentary isn't write into nci file ?

A simple answer - no need .

It is not NCI related .

Nci is a database of your toolpath -speed,feed,movements and nothing else.

This feature is to easy management in operation manager and for posting .Your post can post commentary at start of the toolpath- good for debugging !

If it not works for your post you need to change it a bit .

OOPs!

I was wrong .

It is written to the nci .

I made a little job with a comment testttttt

You will easily see it in the abstract from nci

quote:

9 34 0 0 0 0 0 0 C:blablablablablablabla.MC9

testttttt

0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.

Iskander teh NCI hacker

>This feature is to easy management in operation

>manager and for posting .Your post can post

Precisely... I'm using group (1 group=1 tool) commentary to briefly explain what the tool is machining. It's easier to manage operations. But i like to inform operator too, who will have to setup machining.

As Commentary function (gcodes 1005/1006) isn't written at the right time in nci file (not postpro related) i'm using first op's commentary of each group to make it. So, I have to copy group commentary (useful to me) to op's commentary (useful for operator). Moreover as i do this, op's commentary is wrong (to mcam programmer) as it refers to the entire group...

David !

Now i see what you mean!

Use job toolpaths ->manual entry !

An abstract from help :

quote:

Manual entry toolpaths insert comments or special codes into the NCI file. The manual entry toolpath function can be accessed through the Manual Entry dialog box (Main Menu, Toolpaths, Next menu, Manual ent). You can also access this function through the right-click menu in the Operations Manager. The operation of the Manual Entry toolpath depends on the selected post processor. You must set certain parameters in the post processor correctly before this feature operates properly. Contact your Mastercam Reseller for more information.

Note: All information entered using Manual Entry must be in the proper format for each controller and post processor. Check the control’s programming manual for this format.

The following example shows a Manual Entry comment within the NCI file.

0 0. -25. 12.5 0.

0 0. -25. 12.5 0.

0 0. -25. 20. -2.

COMMENT: Tool Number One

0. 0. 0.

The following example shows a Manual Entry comment within the NC file.

N1254 T3 M06

N1256 M01

( COMMENT: Tool Number One )

N1258 G00 G90 X-2.5636 Y-.8139 S5000 M3

N1260 G43 Z.8139

David !

BTW .

Why you all the time talking about bugs .

Verification -bugged ,backplot -bugged,this not works properly ,that also .

May be you don`t do something propper.

Trust me ,from all 3d cad-cam programs I worked

MC is the less bugged one !

Try to give CNC Software a little credit !

If you don`t like it you can use Catia or UG for example ,or Surfcam !

If you like it ,regard it a bit different.

Before stating that something bugged read manuals,help ,try what ppl here advice you and 99%

that all `l be OK.

I think that you`ve got the impression that Mastercam is bugged all over.

I think that`s not true ,otherwise how we all could manage to do our work ?

quote:

As i often use cylinder stock to machine flats on it i have to draw several toolpaths to manage entries/exits (especially if stock diameter is large). It'd be nice to chain a circle representing stock (drawn on a perpendicular c-plane to T-plane) and a single toolpath then let Mcam to calculate entries/exits according to rough-z depth.

In surface -> rough pocket ->rough parameters

use plunge outside containment boundary .

in surface rough-> contour use entry -exit arc/line allow arc/line outside boundary

>Why you all the time talking about bugs .

>Verification -bugged ,backplot -bugged,this not

>works properly ,that also. May be you don`t do

>something propper.

I am talking about bugs because some of them really annoy me and i'd like mcam be better. So I contribute to improve it by reporting bugs. This is mainly the goal of this forum, no?

Concerning verify bug (V9.0SP1 vs V9.1SP1) mod i tested and retested and I'm unfortunately right. I told here and gave example file (just try it). I emailed to [email protected] too, and still waiting for an answer and I hope this will be corrected soon...

>Trust me ,from all 3d cad-cam programs I worked

>MC is the less bugged one !

>Try to give CNC Software a little credit !

>If you don`t like it you can use Catia

It's not the same price at all... Catia is a lot more expensive (70000 euros + 1000E monthly fee for one licence) and my boss didn't want to pay for it...

>I think that you`ve got the impression that

>Mastercam is bugged all over.

>I think that`s not true ,otherwise how we all

>could manage to do our work ?

We always find a way to make it. Until last year i was still using a very old CAM software discontinued (Archange, you probably don't even know it) and however i programmed a lot of pretty complexes parts (4axes). Sure, it took more time and i often had headaches... ;-)

[ 07-20-2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: David Colin ]

quote:

I am talking about bugs because some of them really annoy me and i'd like mcam be better. So I contribute to improve it by reporting bugs. This is mainly the goal of this forum, no?

In a word, No. The forum is for members helping members, not members reporting bugs. rolleyes.gif

Please report bugs directly to CNC.

There've been lots of people on lately that just complain. Never any positive input. Never helping anyone else. Never even saying thanks for the help.

You say the bugs make you mad? Try posting a work around or 2 so it won't happen to others. Then maybe you'll feel a bit better knowing you may help someone else avoid your headache.

'Rekd teh Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown, oh, what the hell, all he did was complain anyway...

[ 07-20-2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]