Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I would like to see it automatically clear the screen of the colors

not me,

I like the ability do copy rather than move somtimes. then delete group or result. many times on complex parts easy to make a boo boo

one thing I would like is in the promp area duing offset translate etc. to add the mm or in convert like in the parameter page

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see it automatically clear the screen of the colors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not me,

I like the ability do copy rather than move somtimes. then delete group or result. many times on complex parts easy to make a boo boo

+1

Being able to tell the original from the copied from everything else is a good thing, unless all you make are boxes with a hole in 'em.

So perhaps the ability to toggle it would be in order. BTW, as far as a fix for that, you could create a VB script that invokes the TRANSFORM functions, then clears the colors aftwards.. biggrin.gif

'Rekd teh This thread won't die 'til X is out, GJ Kathy!

quote:

It'd be nice to chain a circle representing stock (drawn on a perpendicular c-plane to T-plane) and a single toolpath then let Mcam to calculate entries/exits according to rough-z depth.

David,

I've run into this situation before as well and just thought of a possible solution. Have you tried trimming a surface rough toolpath to the diameter of your stock? I imagine it would work if a closed chain was created slightly offset around the circumference of the stock and used to trim the toolpath to get rid of alot of air cutting.

Just a thought,

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Redk you seem to be the VB guy around here what would that look like and how could I get it do it automatically or create a c-hook that would stay active everytime I turned it on. I got all the books and all the other stuff but can't find the time workign 12 hours a day,wife,kids, and oh yeah that 6 hours a sleep sometimes hampers my day also. LOL be intrested in seeing that. I appericate any thing you thrwo my way Rekd

Crazy Millman

In the contour type operation, how about adding an override feedrate entry box (like the one in the lead in/out) in the finishing passes of the multi passes checkbox so that we can reduce the feedrate at the last finish pass? or is somebody already accomplishing this without using the toolpath editor?

Thanks for this thread, I've learned a lot!

F. Javier

i would like to see in the op manager when you do a add cuts or remove cuts along with surf fin contour. right now you have to look at the parameters to see if it was used.it would not be bad if i only had one group and only a couple of operations, but since my manager usually contains no less than say 4 or so groups and many operations it would be nice to see at a glance.(similar to the way pocket re-machine shows up)

thanks for listening,

trevor

Ok if it has been put out here i am sorry to repeat but to lazy to read all them pages. I would like the ability to use the right click to repeat the last operation when doing design work. mMaybe it does it and I just dont know how to use but like if you are doing offset be really cool to just right click and keeping bringing up the offest dialog verse esc then o. In other things may not want it to work that way I dont know the frist thing about making this program work the way it does but be a neat tool for drawing doing like fillets or maybe things like that. Us crazy People ask crazy Things

Crazy Millman

• 3 months later...

I would like to see entities on the screen, but have them be able to be set to a 'locked, or non-pickable' state. However - I want to be able to change this attribute at any time, like changing any other attribute!

And –

I would like to see the group / result color designation go away, and have another way of high-lighting selected entities. Sometimes, when I am moving something (or whatever), I want to see the regular color of the entity so I can tell who’s who!

Kathy

cool.gif

My want list:

1. Have another method for Surface Leftover Finishing where the toolpath steps in to vertical or near vertical walls following the contour of the vertical walls. Similar to the 3D Collapse method but machining only to shallow slope angles and walking in from the outside.

2. Have an option available in all 2D and 3D toolpaths to Plunge down to next Z level at the Plunge rate, rather than the feed rate. Have the Ramp option available for 3D contours and 2D pocketting for Z level transitions.

3. Make available negative values in "Stock to leave" up to the radius of the tool for ball mills and END MILLS!

4> Solids enhansements such as having an otion available to simplify a solid by getting rid of its history and geometry associativity. Also Find Features enhancements to find all fillets even along tangencies. Have operations available to move faces, copy features etc.

Thank You,

Phil smile.gif

I want to be able to make multiple depth cuts while using the ramp function.

When I want to use corners set to none I cannot use ramp, if I do the corners are rounded

When nesting I want the nesting results printed next to the nest

I also want to be able to give the nesting job a name and recall it any time modify the parts or quantities, then re nest

rgds

George