Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No projections found

Chris Rizzo

Using view. What I really don't get is even if creating just a simple flat boundry surface and a line .010 above it, it still won't find any. I'll clean the file up and ftp it.

yeah rick sure i'll try your config. right now I'm away from the problem pc, so I'll have to try it again tonite. Works just fine on the road on el laptopo. smile.gif

mig, i am too.

I projected the 1" wide -U- shape on to the surfaces by picking the lines then every other surface. use the same lines and pick every the opposite(every other surface) Then I did the same thing with the rads.

If you project them all at once the projected lines will be joined and not give you many paces for the 1/2 radius (green geo) to create the grey runner

I do it this way because I need to draw all the 1/2" radius arc(in green on the first pic)at certain locations to make a bunch of net surfaces for a smooth flow. I used the 1" u-shaped geometry to cut the trim out the zone using Moldplus.

Clear as mud??...lol

If you want, I can share my desk top 1 day next week and talk ya through it on the phone.

When ya got 20 minutes to spare.

it doesn't take that long.

It would be a nice enhancement if I could select the u-shape(lines and arcs) and project them to

all the surfaces at once and each projected line created on each surface WOULD NOT JOIN...lol

That would save me 1/2 my runner building time

I've found that hitting "regenerate display list", the orange paintbrush icon can frequently restore misbehaving selection and translation functions without shutting down and restarting Mastercam.

Maybe it would help with projection as well??

[ 10-12-2009, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

• 7 months later...

Has there ever been a solution to why you can't project onto surfaces sometimes? I encounter it quite often and the only solution is to shut down Mastercam and restart. After that it works for at least a little while. (usually long enough to get done what I needed) But this has been going on since at least X2. Seems like CNC Software could look into this and get it fixed.

• 8 months later...

This thread was started in 2009.

Guess what, the "No Projections Found" issue still exists in X5.

This happened to me recently. My reseller took control of my computer and could not get a simple chain to project onto a single surface. Eventually I got it by recreating the surface. I just can't believe that this problem has not been addressed ?

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem of no projection of lines and arc's onto a surface....Beat myself up on it Friday, I read the posts this morning about closing MasterCam and re-opening. I tried that method and it worked....On for the books that was never taught in Master Cam class....You Listening John Paris??

Hi Charlie, I see your latest move is complete. ;)