Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The New eMastercam

Webby

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the biggest complaints I see is somone asking a repeat question, only to get the "search the forum" answer. At least for me I see the search option as an #8 font text middle right when I get into the forum. Having a Much Larger "Search the forum first" button may cure this... IMO

I do like the black/orange theme, Reminds me of 3.1 text menu. ^^

Guest Tyler Yanta

Search will take the form of an entire search bar (which we're all conditioned to look for on the web) and be far more robust than what the forums currently have.

There are quite a few links to Youtube on here. A lot of them are programming and machining examples. The problem is my company blocks me from Youtube. I'm not into web design so I don't know if this is possible: it would be nice to have a upload video to this web site so that a link is not needed.

Guest Tyler Yanta

While we might enable embedding Youtube videos directly in posts (so you don't have to go directly to their site) chances are (depending on how your company filters) you still won't be able to see them as the link still pulls from Youtube's domain.

There are a slew of other video hosting services out there but you're right - the majority of content ends up on Youtube.

Guest Tyler Yanta

quote:

Tyler you still need FTP correct?

While FTP will likely always be available, we're working toward a better front-end to handle downloads / uploads to make it easier for those not so well versed with FTPs.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if any one has mentioned it or not but, it would be nice when you post something, if emastercam would send you an email to let you know someone has answered your post. When I post something on Facebook and someone responds to it I get an email.

thanks,

Jeff

Guest Tyler Yanta

quote:

how about a mobile phone skin or whatever you call it. "i-emastercam" or "emastercam mobile" for my iphone would be sweet.

wink.gif

quote:

I am not sure if any one has mentioned it or not but, it would be nice when you post something, if emastercam would send you an email to let you know someone has answered your post. When I post something on Facebook and someone responds to it I get an email.

thanks,

Jeff

I think it might have been brought up. Regardless, yes that feature will definitely exist not only on a topic level but also a whole (sub)forum can be set up like that.

That being said, the current forum also has that feature. When replying, tick the "Email Notification" under options; you'll get a reply when anyone else replies to the thread.

Jeff2005 has a good idea. It would be nice to get an email notification when someone answers your posts. Instead of having to click refresh over and over "patiently" waiting for a response. And if you could select whether or not you want to get an email notification on certain topics, because I know there are people on here that have 100s if not 1000s of topics started. This way those people could pick and choose which old topics to recieve email alerts about.

Guest Tyler Yanta

You'll be able to both watch topic(s) as well as watch an individual (sub)forum without having to reply.

There will be notification options ranging from just keeping a list in a subscriptions panel to a notification of every reply, notifications only if you're not currently on the forum or ones delivered in a daily/weekly summary to an inbox of your choosing.

• 1 month later...

I have a suggestion for the next release :

The Verify dialoge box

The "play" and "Stop" buttons incorporated as 1, switching between functions, instead of being greyed out. ( why keep it on-screen if it's already working ).

If you "play" and watch a toolpath, you don't have to move the mouse to "stop" it at any point. This keeps your focus on the actual paths you are checking.

[ 07-23-2010, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Superman ]

Thinking of a bit more to add

key to stop then step

[R] key to run

This would keep funtionality similar to backplotting

Accept button not to close the dialog box ( but to only apply the alterations of any settings )

( I hit it all the time when wanting to run my ops )

Ok, so who wants to point out to Superman, that his last two posts have zero to do with the topic at hand and belong in the enhancement request forum?

This is about a new forum layout, not Mastercam wink.gif