Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hardinge\Bridgeport VMC

Travis2282

I have a Bridgeport VMC 760. We bought it not long before Hardinge acquired Bridgeport. This machine has been nothing but great! The accuracy has been right on. The machine has giving us minimal problems.

I know nothing about theses machines since Hardinge took over.

A HAAS is still made in California. At least it's got that going for it. I'm pretty leery of machine tool manufacturers that give steep discounts to try and move their machines. It tells me that their financial position might not be that strong.

Look at Fadal. Aren't they gone now? What happens when your machine that you got a great deal on needs parts or service. A broken machine is a huge boat anchor if you can't get it fixed promptly...

Guest SAIPEM

Bang for the buck, Haas is hard to beat.

Makino is a level of quality and precision higher than a Haas and the price will reflect that.

Hurco is boat anchor as far as I'm concerned.

The fact that they actually sued Haas over their conversational programming ticked me off.

The idea that Hurco's patent is actually valid is nonsense and the judge who decided the case is an idiot.

I avoid Hurco on principle.

I would avoid any VMC with the name Bridgeport on it.

I'm still smarting from their DX-32 control.

http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/legal-ser.../6456016-1.html

[ 07-01-2010, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: SAIPEM ]

quote:

Bang for the buck, Haas is hard to beat.

I can't speak for the last 4 years but 5 years ago I looked at Haas when we bought our Mazak 410A.

When all the options were added to meet what comes standard on the Mazak, the Haas was more money and IMO, not even close to the same quality.

I am a Mori fan now but "Bang for the buck" still has to be Mazak.

I still cannot understand how Haas sells machines compared to all the much better equipment out on the market.

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Mori fan now but "Bang for the buck" still has to be Mazak

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cuckoo.gif

Chris, I will clearify:

I feel Mori builds the best machines (based on the ones I have had experience with), and in our area they also have the best support.

BUT, Mori verticals are way more expensive than Mazak, NV verse Nexus Mills.

Makino and Matsura seem to be equally respected (from what I have read) to Mori, but in our area the dealers for those machines are far less substaintial than our Mori dealer.

Matsuura, in my opinion, builds a far superior VMC to Mori Seiki, but we digress, as our original poster is not going to spend $140K.

Not enough bad things can be said about the Yamazaki Mazak Corporation; I'll leave it at that.

Terry, I agree: "rigid" and "Fadal" are on quite divergent paths