Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SIM for mastercam version 4.0

mdf

You sir have just been taken... You don't own software, you licence its use. What you now need to do is contact a local Mastercam Reseller and open you check book. What you should also do is launch a legal suit against the auctioneer and get your money back. They should have Known Better.

Hi mdf,

Your gonna have a tough time I think with this.

The reason being is you don't actually buy the

software but a license for that software.

Without the sim you have nothing. And you have

to transfer that V4 seat from the original owner

to you thru your local reseller. I already tried

this with a V6 Mill seat and my reseller wouldn't

even reply to my e-mail about the transfer.

jm2c

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

... people trying to take the cheap way out ALWAYS get burned one way or another.

V4????? No wonder they went out of business. You know what you're going to have to do to get that V4 to run on your system even if you get the SIM (Little Black or Green Dongle that is SUPPOSED to be plugged into the paralell(sp?) port on the back of the computer running MC? Have fun. Your time and money would be better spent buying Mill Level 1 with a Lathe Entry bundled.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I think that the words "If it seems too good to be true, it is" should be in effect. Sure, auctions are great places to pick up equipment, tools, computers, etc... but software? People should know better than that.

I wonder what happened to the original poster??

Has he been run off, Or has he been convinced of the benifits of legamite MC ownership? Please don't missunderstand my comments, I think anyone silly enough to buy V4 at an auction has GOTTEN his just reward, But ....What has the forum lost by not hearing his comments??? What did he have to offer??

Just a thought

Jim

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Gettin harder and harder to find the help now after wading through flame after flame.

Really? I don't think so. I think the help is getting even more detailed as time goes on. But you're entitled to your opintion.

JM2C

Well here I am, I'm the sucker that bought Mastercam V4.0 with out a SIM. But I was able to return it with a full refund. Auction site did not have a clue about SIM. I feel so dum I did not have a clue either. I used Mastercam at a shop I used to work at and I just loved it. I thought it would be nice to have at home. Someday I will.

Thanks for all your input good and bad.

MDF cheers.gif[email protected]

I'm glad to see mdf responded. I agree, he was slammed pretty hard.If I was in his position, I probably would have run for the hills too.

At least he responded, and maybe he will be a MAstercam user soon smile.gif . It sure is a great system smile.gif (And getting better every version)

MDF - I am please that the Auction Site had the integrity to refund your purchase. I also hope that they learned a valuable lesson in business - understand that which you sell.

One day you will realize your dream of your own seat, you will just have to pay for it though (Or get your company to buy it for you!)

I guess the guy got beat up a bit. It is hard to tell intent a lot of times with the written word.

I am sure some of you have gone down in flames because I was just in a crappy mood and you were an easy target.

Future customer didn't seem to phased by the response. It has been my experience that most people are just looking for answers.

How could anyone who finds the responses to harsh ever work in a shop type enviroment without going home and crying themselves to sleep everynight

------------------------------------------------

Really? I don't think so. I think the help is getting even more detailed as time goes on. But you're entitled to your opintion.

JM2C

------------------------------------------------

I guess I must apologize. I did not know I said something about the great help I get from this forum. I only commented on all the flamming lately.

Or did I say something negative about the help?

[ 11-06-2002, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: gms1 ]