Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T I was so much older then!

Jack Mitchell

Lordy, Lordy, look who's almost fourty.

08/24/63

By the way, did I read correctly? Is someone in here from Devo? tongue.gif Whip it REAL good!

About the standard of living we have, we can all take pride (if nothing else) to have one of the largest skill sets of any occupation.

Cheers all

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne and Garth said it best...

We're not worthy, we're not worthy!!!

Seiously, I was just a couple of years behind you and grew up with that stuff, loved it. You guys were on to something, I'm sad it didn't last. But I'm glad you're here helping out as much as you do.

Lunch is over, I gotta dig out my copy of Arizona before I get back to work.

cheers.gif

On May 30 of this year an rocket is going

the lift off from Cape Canaveral headed to Mars.

Seven months later a little rover will be driving around up there. There's about 10 parts in that robot which started out as a Mastercam file in my computer. Stuff like that makes it all worthwhile

smile.gif

10-18-51

Some of you youngsters will get a kick out of this. I helped my roommate in college put together a MITS "computer" kit in something like 1972 but didn't get hooked on computers until Radio Shack came out with their TRS-80 later in the 70's. It had 4K (that's right, K} of ram and stored very, very short BASIC programs on regular ole audio casette tapes. Later on, they let me trade in my original when the new TRS80 Model II came out. Now we were getting somewhere because that one had a floppy! It was 8 inch. Plus, it had an optional 2nd bay so you could have a boot disk and a data disk going at the same time. That was a great option because there was no hard drive and so you always had to boot up with a system floppy!

Hmmmm.....let's see, Floppies in the 70's, "IBM Compatible" in the 80's, CNC router (with Bobcad) in the 90's, Mastercam in the 00's....scary, ain't it?

Paul

I ran my first CAM package on a machine like that.

No mouse or hard drive. All commands were entered by keyboard.

Rapid P1

Rapid P1 (Z-.5)

comp left

feed l1 arc2 line 3 etc.

comp off

rapid z.50

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I got a CAM package with a mouse biggrin.gif

You had to replace the bootable disc every couple of weeks cause it wore out.

Eventually I had to junk it because I couldn't find 8in floppies anymore.