Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T I was so much older then!

Jack Mitchell

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All items marked in our user profiles I hope...

08/07/1971

These statistics should be usefull to CNC softwares User Demographics. It looks like V10 will have to be in a larger font to facilitate you older guys.

[ 02-03-2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Andrew McRae ]

3-24-70 here.

My hat is off to all the older members. Most of the old farts, I mean machinist, around here do not see the advantages of CAD/CAM. They are satisfied with the old way. So thanks for the openmindedness to all. I know its not easy to pick up with something that is new and different, even if it can be a better or faster way. So I suppose you folks paved the way for us.

Oct. 30, 1958

Been machining since '74

Seen a lot, heard a lot, Drank a lot, Smoked a lot(past tense), Lived through a lot.

I remember like it was yesterday,"one small step for man...." , " I am the greatest", "free at last, free at last, thank god almighty, I'm free at last", "but by the content of his character.", "I am not a crook", Mr. Gorbachev, tear down your wall" , "hey Gomer..hey Goober", "hello darkness my old friend", "make love not war", "october 1970 F.L.Q.", "do you Becky, take Philip to be....", "Good night Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are"

"And that's the way it was"

We are all the sum of our experiences.

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

Phil

September, 1963.

Up untill now, it's been.

" Youth and Skill, will ALWAYS overcome, Old Age and Treachery!"

My next Birthday.

" Youth and Skill, will NEVER overcome, Old Age and Treachery!"

Hoping for the next 40.

cheers.gif

Tim H.

[ 02-03-2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: TimHollis ]

September 1963 here also.

At age of 15 was given choices by wise old jugde, Get back to High School, enroll in vocational school (Machine Technology), or become ward of the state....without a clue on 2nd choice it seemed like the lesser of all evils. Thankfully our choice was the right one.