Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T I was so much older then!

Jack Mitchell

Please tell me that Oct 12/55 is not the oldest forum member. Please, please, please tell me this is not true. – I have always known myself to be geek, step into the light brothers, and admit that we are all geeks - I just do not like the possibility, that I am the oldest.

Father time - Ed House, surely must be older – he certainly looks it! biggrin.gif

Glenn, show some moxy – admit that you are older than I – Please. smile.gif

As Bob Dylan once said;

For I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

By the way, on an unrelated topic, the mention of fuddle-duddle was an international event regarding the late Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau in the late 60's or early 70's and his abrupt attack on one of those in-your-face reporters.

Apparently, Trudeau told the guy to F--Off, when asked about his response, he said “Oh fuddle-duddle”. – True story! biggrin.gif

I really don’t expect too many others to appreciate the event, I can only say that I wore the shirt, and proudly embellished it.

Regards, Jack

[ 02-02-2003, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All is not lost. I am 11 months older than

you 09/12/54. Of course we are geeks.

Normal people's eyes glaze over when you try to explain what Mastercam is.

My wife pretends to be intersted when I get all

wound up about MC V10 or something, but I know she's just being polite tongue.gif

At 25 I think I might be one of the youngest here eek.gif . Heh, and I always thought the internet was just for the youngins and you old folks didn't much like computers tongue.gifbiggrin.gif . I am honered to be able to learn from such knowledgable people of all ages and from all corners of the world here. cool.gifcheers.gif

[ 02-02-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Jack, As far as a special forum for geizers, forget aboutit, bad idea.

I was visiting in Prince Rupert in 1976. We were looking down at the train tracks next to the inland warterway and all were expecting Trudeau to get off the arriving train that day and he did. As I recall there was no fanfare. I barely knew who he was. I guess I was a typical american dum tourist!

Andy

quote:

How about a special forum for the member senior citizens?

Nah - not necessary, if I can't hold my own it's time to move aside.

Interesting dates:

1954 - My High school graduation. cool.gif

1965 - My first daughter was born. smile.gif

1987 - First grandchild born, now have 8 grandkids. cheers.gif

Bernie smile.gif

Hi all

My birthday is 12/18/55, that makes me just about 60 days younger Jack.

----------------------------------------

Two very elderly programmers were makeing a project . They had been working together for over twelve years, and respected each other's craftsmanhip.

One day, the younger of the two guys, turns to the other and says, "don't be angry with me,but After all these years, what is your name? I am trying to remember, but I just can't."

The older friend stares at him, looking distressed, says nothing for two full minutes, and finally says, "How soon do you have to know?"

This old guy goes to the Dr. for a checkup.

Dr. says "Well, I've got good news and bad news"

Old guy - What's the bad news?

Dr. - You've got Alzheimer's

Old guy - OMG - What could possibly be good news??

Dr. - You can go home and forget about it.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Jesus, you guys are making me feel young again!

You wouldn't like me, if I was angry-scratch-young (Bill Bixby from the Incredible Hulk). biggrin.gif

You guys just make me laugh. smile.gif

I cannot imagine what you listened to as teenagers - perhaps a little Tommy Dorsey? biggrin.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 02-02-2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Bernie,

1936? What’s up with this? Big guy.

You are older than my father! smile.gif

You are older than blue suede shoes. smile.gif

You are older than blue. biggrin.gif

You are older than even suede. biggrin.gif

Tell us the truth, when did you actually start using computers? - tell the truth, for I will know if you are lying (Hannibal Lector - Silence of the Lambs). smile.gif

I am new again, at 47 years old!!! watch out you young whipper-snapper punks, I'm coming at you, while I still can! biggrin.gif

The only thing that I truly envy is the want and wait for grandchildren - Bernie, you are truly blessed; thank you for sharing this with us!

Is it any wonder that the fanfare from the origianl Star Trek series comes from people of my generation or older? wink.gif

I'm sure that the grandpappies are in bed by now, so I'll sign off since it's almost 9:00PM.

Seriously guys, I mean no disrespect whatsoever, Bernie should know me by now, as I'm sure most of the forum already does. - It's the new people in here that might be concerned.

Kudos, Bernmeister - I believe you have the title! biggrin.gif

Your friend, Jack

[ 02-02-2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]