Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing files from email for engraving

produca2

Complexity of the picture is not really an issue, just an issue of time. I engraved the Discovery Channel logo (Earth with clouds) on an air cleaner.

PS - No matter which Raster to Vector converter you use, they all output files that are unsuitable for engraving. You will need to use the R2V conversion as a framework for your engraving path if you want anything nice.

Not to hijack, but how do you place screencaps in your posts? I try but fail.

Now resuming thread.... :D

Download Gadwin printscreen (shareware) and capture your screen shot.

Get a photobucket (or similar) account and upload your image and copy the IMG tags and paste into your post/ reply.

John

click on it to open it and then save it,remember where then you can convert it into MC

here's what i got with no tweaking

K-POWERED.jpg

Thank you very much, I am going to attempt to save this right now on my flash drive. You are the exact reason I love this forum so much! This place is full of guys who love what they do and they do it so well. Thank you again.

I cant seem to open this in Mastercam. Can you please guide me through how to get it from here to MC? all I get when I open it from the file I save to my computer is a jumble of alphabetical code in MC editor.

You need to open mastercam then click on Art then click on trace image - raster to vector. Then click no. Then select the image you want to try and bring into mastercam. Then follow the steps.

art.jpg

kpower.jpg

kpower2.jpg

Send the actual jpeg over to me via email if you have a problem.

Just an FYI: That file was originally done in the format that you need (probably made with Adobe Illustrator or something), you can tell by the shading and quality of the lines.

Get the guy to talk to whomever he had make the logo originally and get them to send you the .ai or .dxf from the original, and it will look WAY better the results of using <any> Rastor to Vector converter.

• 2 weeks later...