Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 MU1 is Available for Download

Hi everyone,

X5 MU1 has been released to all customers. It is available for download on www.mastercam.com.

Please be aware that X5 MU1 REPLACES X5. The update will use the same registry keys as X5. This install is designed to run on top of Mastercam X5. Mastercam X5 MU1 will replace the "Mastercam X5" entry in Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Windows Vista and Windows 7). If X5 MU1 is uninstalled, X5 must be installed again. All personalized files in My Mcamx5 and Shared Mcamx5 are left behind after the uninstall, so this should not cause any loss of data.

If you have any problems or suggestions, please email [email protected].

Thank you.

Will installing MU1 cause any issues with these files?

Ben,

I've uninstalled/reinstalled dozenes of times on 4 different machines during the X5MU1

beta cycle and the proccess as never once messed with the files in my user folders

It doesn't even mess up third party stuff like the free Verisurf tools.

Doesn't hurt to back the the files up though.

'just in case' of what?....Mu1 may have a bug installing?

Downloading it now!

I have a new job I can start today and try it out...so at 30 kps I should get a good long lunch....;)

Like Gcode, I've installed and uninstalled MU! multiple times without issue. I still back up my custom folders, cause you never know.

I would be a happy camper if we got that .exe in a zip file with the "Whats new" pdf separated from the full install :) Gives me something to read while I wait the 10 minutes for the file to download.

edit:: OK, never mind about the separate whats new file. Since it contains absolutely nothing on what was actually fixed. We get to play hide and seek with the fixes now? Can I use helix bore toolpath now like it was before X5? Will verify finally remember its last stock size? Will rest roughing toolpaths remember what stl file was attached to it all the time?

Did we have to wait for this MU for the new features you added to a "maintenance release"? New features are cool and all for us paying customers and I appreciate them, but I'd prefer to see them in an actual release and not have to wait for bug fixes (I think :unsure: )

• Like 1

some things work as they should. other things broke since x3 are still broke, but there is new stuff

its ALL IN THE KOOL AID

untill all you users of this software step up to bat, it will never change

as a beta tester I have argued many a thing that still is not fixed

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I requested some stuff back in the V6 days. I'm guessing those requests went out with the old interface. Perhaps the folks in the Ivory Tower at CNC should climb down out of the rarified air and breathe with the commoners for a bit eh?

• Like 1

I heard that they were supposed to revamp the material and tool library with this release... guess not <_<

I think this is an X6 feature? I remember they demoed this at the Tech Expo in Seattle last year along with the backplot/verify Machine Simulation. I'm definitely looking forward to it as the current tool library leaves alot to be desired....

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...