Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Usually when the nc data path switches FOR NO REASON to the

default upon opening, I just reselect the .MMD (in all my machine groups)

i fixes it.

BUT now it does not do that. in the pick I reselected the .MMD and it stayed at

default. Keep in mind I have never modified the control def in the ops man

ALWAYS settings/Mach def man/ on the hard copy.

The only thing that is differnt on my p.c. is every wednesday night

my p.c. does a defrag.

This would not affect ANY other software but the question is ....WHY...WHY ...does

MC saved config's and control def's revert back, magically, to older settings???????????????????????????

CONFIG.png

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I installed X6 about a week or so ago

THIS will be the 4TH time I have reset this in my control def...through the MAch def, save , save in

that time!!!!

I wasnt even going to bring this up because it is trivial, but an inconvenience none the less.

I opened an old file today because we had to change the machine that the job was running on. The machine that we are putting it on has the type A memory so we have to use +30 for the diameter offsets. I have the control def set up to add +30 to the tool for the D value. When I updated the machine/control def, changed the tool number, and tried to post, it added the +30 to the length rather than the diameter (yes, i made sure that i did not have the setting values switched. they were correct). Not only that, but it only changed the values on "some" of values in the operations. I had to open each individual tool and fix it, then open each individual operation and click on the tool so that the values would update, re-gen the operations, and then post. It took me an hour to get good code on what should have taken about 5 minutes.

Now ask my why I dont trust this software to just post and go even on simple operations.

LOTS!!!!!!

I just sent all 3 pics to QC and In-house for the record and asked if they could

at least fix this in the Desperately needed MU1 UPDATE!

Was gonna start two new jobs for a new customer in X6 today, but can trust it now!

I will start and finish in X5, cant afford to be late or have (AS MANY) problems

getting these jobs done.....

A 3rd Re- Release of X6 is needed if they do not intend to give use

an MU1 update!

How much time could ya'll have saved if you ditched X6 a month ago.

I smile on my way to work since I stopped using itrolleyes.gif.

There comes a point when you need to pull the plug.

I saved even more time by reading this thread and not switching to X6 to begin with. :thumbsup:

I wasnt even going to bring this up because it is trivial, but an inconvenience none the less.

That's not new to X6, it's been doing that since X1.

BTW, when will we be able to use standard number size center drills without having to define them as a custom tool? They were standardized when, in the 50's or something?

James, do you know why, all of a sudden, my mach def would say it

has no valid axis combinations, or what that even means?

Now when i replace/select it it states there is know valid asis combination

yet i can still post code and xyz coordinates are in the post...it looks normal????

I am a noob with .mmd, i know they are there and needed

but dont, know why or how they are created as Glen bowman set

up X2 on my machine and been using only one ...that one ever since

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I am so sick of this. I'm not even going to bother with X6MU1. X4 is still working fine... What a shameful waste of money paying for maintenance has been the last 2 years.

So because some VOCAL users are experiencing issues, you're just going to jump on the band wagon and say X6 is $#!+???

:rofl:

I have no sugeestion as to how to fix the machine def dropping post and such..

but I can say I'm not seeing that problem here..running X6 on 3 different workstations..

I don't use the update utitlty for my posts and machine defs, I update them by hand one at a

time and when I'd done.. the settings stick

I don't use the update utitlty for my posts and machine defs, I update them by hand one at a

time and when I'd done.. the settings stick

Could you make a document and explain how to do that by hand?

(the down time is killing me)

I would delete them and start over...if I only new how.

I just dont understand why or how the 'update utility' is not compatible from one

version to the next?????

Thanks in advance

Rick

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Laughing at people after you put words in their mouths is not a civil way to behave. whistle.gif

What words did I put in anyone's mouth? I made a direct quote and had something to say about it. Sure I was laughing... I was going back to dinner last night, we had something my 8 year old had never tried... he stated he did not like such and such. I asked him when he had tried it, and he said never, but I just know I don't like it. His statement (and the statement of many others) made me think of that conversation.

So because some VOCAL users are experiencing issues, you're just going to jump on the band wagon and say X6 is $#!+???

:rofl:

While it may only be a few vocal users that are posting their complaints, try to look at it from a broader perspective. Quite a few people read this forum without actually making comments of their own, and if they see nothing but complaints from long term users, what kind of message do you think they are coming away with?

Probably not a good one I would imagine.

• Like 1