Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Honestly, I can't understand why it is that you guys are so shocked about the unwieldly and buggy surfacing toolpths. Everyone knows how bad they are. I get cheesed off at them on a daily here.

I had a good one happen to me yesterday, I created a scallop HS path, no problems, did a few other things, verified the whole thing, posted it out etc etc. Operator comes in and asks what the hell I was trying to. I open up my project, turn on the scallop path, and find out that it dropped half the selected surfaces and recalculated. I couldn't even begin to explain that one.

Yesterday I copied a contour and flowline path to another tool group

I both paths on the cavity and cut the mould and had no problem

The3/4" ball contour cuts the runner and the flow line cuts a funnel for the runner.

I reselect and finish all my paths and send it to the machine

Only to find out that the contour path, only changed to some default speed and feed

of 6.348 and a speed of 432rpm

they were and still are on the path that I copied 300 feed and 12000rpm

Splain that one, and then recreate it??????

What I'd like to know is how X6 was signed off as a release-ready product?

It's now obvious that Mastercam QC has become a black hole equivalent of Hotel California.

All the bugs enter but they never leave.

Forget about ever getting any feedback from QC.

Everyone is too busy marketing the product to actually fix it.

But then again, I'm sure we'll get some members of the "circle" who will rise to defend the indefensible.

• Like 1

For the last couple of years I haven't really been doing any programming, but have been helping a few people out locally here and there. I stopped recommending MC as a new purchase at around X4, but still thought to myself that if I ever needed another seat that I would probably still stick with MC.

Now I say nothing unless asked, but when I am I tell people to stay well clear. I even recommended to one bloke that if he REALLY wanted MC that he should buy a seat, install Xmr2 and forget maintenance. Xmr2 would do more than he would ever need it for and then some. AND it was a reasonably stable release. I think he bought ONECnc.

I know there are probably loopholes in the EULA, but someone one day is going to sue CNC for a providing a defective product. They can crow all they like about all software being buggy, but the lack of regular updates/patches together with non-maintenance customers being "frozen" into broken releases is going to tip someone with deep pockets and a bad temper over the edge one day.

Bruce

• Like 1

Look guys, even the fanboys cant defend the problems. If they try? They are not true power users. This truly makes me sad, as I have been a 20+ yr user of ttis software. The forum used to be all about "how do I do this" and someone always chimed in. The good ol days. now it's just " send it in to QC". Well, we are all fighting for the same thing and it's high time CNC stands up for themselves :thumbup:

Man up boys, your software is efed up. Please fix and give us somthing to brag about agian. Not how we crashed our Half million dollar machine because of YOUR software. You want the bill?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
The forum used to be all about "how do I do this" and someone always chimed in.

It's still about that Wes, but I think now since there is a quite vocal faction that seems to derive great pleasure in exposing the flaws, that help has somewhat been overshadowed.

• Like 1

It's still about that Wes, but I think now since there is a quite vocal faction that seems to derive great pleasure in exposing the flaws, that help has somewhat been overshadowed.

No one is deriving pleasure from exposing BUGS.

What people want is to have them fixed.

Ignoring those bugs, especially while still charging for maintenance, is unethical.

I really don't think a single person here making these bug posts are getting any pleasure. Its more about these same people who help in finding the 'workarounds' are tired of making 'workarounds' to get work done.

The fact is people shouldn't have to come up with creative work arounds to get their software to work. Especially when those same people (or their employers) are shelling out some serious dollars to purchase and maintain that software. Its not exactly productive to spend half your day trying to get something that should make your life easier to work properly.

The software exposes it's own flaws as you call them. To me, It's almost unusable in some cases. 3 versions now of the HSS toolpaths and most still have the same problems. Some gained more problems. Now dump machsim (useless) and stock model( :vava: ) and many more new flawed features on us and what do we have ? :ice:

BTW, I thought you put me on your ignor list :w00t:

That was a pretty bold statement. Touche!

I think that people are finally getting sick of dealing with the same issues year after year. Can you blame them?

I am with you.

Some of the complaints I am sure are legitimate.

But some like complaining about the drill tip angle default setting? Seriously?

Default values to me are irrelevant. I typically create my own tool library, op library and so on.

I believe some issues can be compatibility. I mean by that is... what is running on the PC...running files on a network... network traffic etc...

I think another possibility and I know some folks may take issue with it is using some of the new "techniques" out of laziness. What I mean by that... yes they offer restmill this and that and all of these "cool" toolpaths. Trying to make it look like it saves us time, but in all actuality it really is just saving us the trouble of figuring out best practices for cutting.

Whether it is the programmer or the model itself... some errors may occur between the chair and the keyboard/mouse.

I am not saying that the new stuff shouldn't work, but I find some of them just window dressing.

As far as the HS scallop, I haven't had an issue with it, but I will say I haven't used surfaces. When I get the chance I will try my solid models as surfaces and see how that works.