Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam User Groups

Do any of you guys have MC user groups that You attend? (Other than the forum)

I am thinking about trying to start some in my area(NC/SC). I would like to hear from you guys on your thoughts on this.

Who better to ask than users right?

Thanks

Jimmy

[ 07-13-2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Jimmy Wakeford, from Barefoot CNC ]

I think that your idea wouldn`t be succesful one.

First of all because we have this Forum and not many would disperce their attention in two .

Secondly ,because more audience- more fun!

And we are from different time zones ,that means that a probability to have an answer is high in any time !

We are coming here not only to chat .

I,personally,regard this Forum as a huge database of valid knowledge ,that helps me to solve everyday problems .

And the matter of anonimity ,that is easier to achive here.There are some people very vulnerable to this.

It doesn`t matter me but who can be here my neighbor and a competitor?

People prefere to help strangers !

Iskander teh lost somewhere .

quote:

I think that your idea wouldn`t be succesful one.

First of all because we have this Forum and not many would disperce their attention in two .

Secondly ,because more audience- more fun!

And we are from different time zones ,that means that a probability to have an answer is high in any time !

We are coming here not only to chat .

User groups are groups that have regular meetings to discuss topics that interest them. This is not accomplished via the Internet, rather people physically show up to these meetings.

Recently I was invited to speak at a Solid Works user group meeting. I was impressed at the many benifits it provided to the members of the group.

This forum is great, but entirely different.

If Mastercam were to be willing to support such groups, I would be willing to put considerable effort into the project as well.

When I was a re-seller in pa. My dealer at the time and I were working on setting one up, I knew 5 or 6 guys that would definetly go and others that if they knew about it would go. Even though I am not currently an MC user I would like to attend if get something going. I will send you an up to date e-mail Jimmy.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I like them but I don't want to have to pay for it (neither does my company). Instead of having it a a hotel/conference center, do it somewhere where the expenses are not very high (i.e. NTMA in Ontario, Norwalk, and Van Nuys) or non-existant. Don't buy me lunch, I can swing that. I just want to show up, give input, learn some things ask questions and chat with other MC users. That's what I want for a users group.

JM2C

+1 james, I was trying to use a tech school, and for a trade it would promote thier classes, no one wants to pay 25 bucks for something they already are doing on thier own time.Majority of people anyhow, I would probably pay it if I learned something.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

25 bucks

Must be nice. The local User's Group is usually like $50 ish or more! Sure I can win a seat of Draft but plus I gotta burn a vacation day to boot. The wife would not be to happy to pay $50, burn a Vacation Day for me to "Hang out somewhere to talk shop and do stuff you do all the time in that forum anyway". So I said, come along honey. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif was the expression after I said that.

I was involved with a Ideas user group about 2 years ago. A local college was where we had our meetings at like 7 pm. The college had about 20 seats of Ideas and the teacher was there also. I am not saying that the teacher new everything just that everyone help where they could. I would be interested if ther was one in Pa.

I would go to one that is with in a couple hour drive from South Bend, IN

quote:

When I was a re-seller in pa. My dealer at the time and I were working on setting one up

What is the difference between a re-seller and a dealer?

thanks

Jody

Zero,

Let us know where you're at and we can send some info on any future meetings. We've hosted a couple in the past so it's not too far fetched to host another one.

Jay, we'd be glad to have you although we'll probably try to avoid any "big hair" bands. Not since the Great White - Station disaster in RI a few months ago. frown.gif You'd probably get to see Motley Crue more out there in SoCal. Maybe we can get some obscure Boston band like Aerosmith to provide the entertainment. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Oh, wait. They're another "big hair" band. cheers.gif