Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 things i'd like to change about the operations manager

With multible operations in one file, I run out of tools. My machines have 20 tools, but by the time I have 3-4 operations I am using 20+ in the operation mangager. If I delete previously used tools it messes up the previous operations. Having a different set of tools available for each operation would be nice.

+lots and lots to Matthew's group-based common options with James' ability to override those choices.

My top 5:

1) Nested groups.

2) Create Setup Sheet option (with the ability to specify a different template) in the post dialog.

3) Graphical indication while drag-and-dropping that shows where the op will be dropped. Kinda like the Chain Manager already does.

4) Fix right-clicks so that accessing the toolpath editor can only be done by right clicking on NCI path name itself, not just somewhere near it. I seem to find myself in the toolpath editor about 10 times more frequently than I am actually interested in being there.

PMGuy,

This really, really rocks. Does the big guy know about this?

If he does then God bless CNC Software for bringing this to us. This is unheard of in software developement.

A fly-out that says "Good morning Jack, Would you like a coffee and perhaps some sausages?" a soothing voice over might help as well. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 07-21-2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

1. Save (Or customizable buttons as mentioned above)

2. Communications (Send NC to Machine)(I know, the Post button has it.)

3. Customer Price including Ca. Tax. and Mtls. wink.gif

4. Shortcut to Forum

[ 07-21-2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Andy ]

LOL @ beagle..

quote:

------------------------------------------------

Posts: 10 | From: CNC Software | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged

You need to make the letters smaller.. Like this..

tongue.gif

quote:

1) Ability to sort tool paths, drag, drop and reorder like elements in a spreadsheet. To build on Kathy's suggestion, I would consider a column layout with the ability to sort by any of the columns. This type of a layout would reduce the number of clicks to reorder the toolpaths. Keep all the elements of the toolpath on the same line (row) instead of opening a toolpath and having the data within - run across the line like in WinExplorer and have the columns resizable so that the user can see what they need to. I don't much care to know the path of the NCI file so I would resize that column down to almost nothing. A row would also require the mobility to move anywhere in the ops manager - Drag and Drop...

+1,000³ in "Wants for Version XII" eek.gif

'Rekd

[ 07-22-2003, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I want all teh things that all the other guys and

gals said plus me five "little" things:

1. the ability to mill surfaces with flat end mill and sorface offset minus !

2 This cool thing

3. ability to add items to the operation manager menu (my custom operations from some template}.

Like for example the operation that I use to call slotting(milling without offset and compencation center of the mill on the toolpath)

If I will creat my custom operation library and put it somewhere , to beeing able to call this operation through menu!

That`s will be real timesaving !

4. more flexible toolpath editor .

What I want is like a combination of tool path editor and backploting .

I want to being able to click any toolpath section and being able to jump over there and to do far more things than now.

Being able to select and delete group of blocks by window and more .

To be able to add in toolpath editor free mouse

machining which has a sense a lot of times in contours and pockets and in some other cases.

5.And very big need to being able to make surface contour by scallope height even with limitations in simple ,primitive way :

I want scallope 0.005 ,input it in come place and MC says click on the surface to calcululate the minimal downstep or input the angle of the relating surface to calculate downstep.

If you want I have more ...

And it is really cool that MC wants to talk with us and to listen !

[ 07-22-2003, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

Rodger,

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While posting the group, i would like my NC file to default to the group name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can currently do this. Screen > configure > nc settings page > nci path button. Set it to equal the operation group.

If I remember correct this defaults the nc file name to the active operation group. not the group the operation is actually in.

thanks

Jody

As a minimum keep the interface consistant between mill and lathe. This way the Multifunction machines will be easier to work with. Until a Router is fitted with a Wire Head -multifunction doesn't apply to these so we really don't care about those products.

When I right-click on a group, select options, then setup sheet....please move the recalculate feeds & speeds or at have an option "Are you sure you want to recalculate feeds & speeds".

Too many times I get a click ahead of my eyes and all my feeds & speeds are reset to defaults.