Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Who is tired of "work offset used in more than one view"

Chris Rizzo

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Jerry, we're not asking that the warning be removed lock stock and barrel. I think all of us can understand why it is there. We're just asking for the abillity to turn it off if that suits the kind of work we do. Mylsef, I would even go so far as to suggest that the default be left as it is currently so as not to cause anyone any grief with regard to work offsets. As it is now, it's just a seriously unnecessary and time consuming nuisnace for those of us using multiple positions with one offset.

I understand what you are asking.

I just need those who have the means to change these features understand what we are up against. After viewing my post I should build safe guard into my post a flag me of when the WCS changes. This way we could look and tell if we accidentally move it or fail to move it.

Jerry

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Got a reply from QC. :thumbsup:

Of course, I don't recall a time where I've never recieved a reply. I may not have always liked the reply, but I always got a reply. That's A-OK in my book. Then again, I don't suffer from delusions of grandeur.

:welcome: Joanie

A plus to all this (thanks for your involvement Colin) is that hopefully something will be done.

What I would say, is please everyone have a look at the enhancement forum, and if you like the ideas, send in a request to QC.

There are some very good ideas there, but everyone probably either can't be bothered, or asume that as it's in the enhancement forum, then that's as good as an enhancement request. This is not so, so please send them in.

:cheers:

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A plus to all this (thanks for your involvement Colin) is that hopefully something will be done.

What I would say, is please everyone have a look at the enhancement forum, and if you like the ideas, send in a request to QC.

There are some very good ideas there, but everyone probably either can't be bothered, or asume that as it's in the enhancement forum, then that's as good as an enhancement request. This is not so, so please send them in.

Yes, the enhancement forum is just a repository of ideas. It is not a formal request mechanism. ALL requests must go to CNC Software's QC inbox for consideration.

Don't you have to jump through some hoops to be able to participate in the enhancement forum?