Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New X6 MU2 bug

It can be any machine 5 axes VMC table-table and all rotary around Z axis

You need to post up a sample file. It is hard to understand your issue.

I've run rotary axis positioning in X6 MU2 and it works fine.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Spent the last week running and programming a Matsuura CUBLEX-35 with positioning, (3+1 and 3+2)

3 axis, simultaneous 4 and simultaneous 5 all in the same partwith no problems whatsoever.

More than likely your post needs a tune up. I ran into this problem with a trunion and limited tool clearance. Had the post tweeked for option to output rotate around Z instead of X,Y contour moves

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May be you r right

BUt why MCX5 and MCX4 do this with no problem

At least I mean the backplot rotates the part and all

James simultaneous machining is not a problem

I mean rotary axis positioning or 3 axis rotate around Z

Make simple drill operation enterrotary axis control page and select

rotary axis positioning rotate around Z

if your 5 axis Table-table machine limits are different say X is big and y is small than you can use C instead of y - am I right ?

Therefore you need to switch on rotary axis control

Best regards

Alex

There are an infinite number of positions for X, Y, & C to locate to and still drill the holes.... There is no way to tell a (stock) 5ax post where you want to "lock" the Y axis...

I have been through this.

I am sure there is something that could be done to a 5ax post to make this work, but AFAIK stock 5ax posts wont do it.

Use a Mpmaster 4ax and you will get the code you want.... Adjustment to MD rotary zero position may be needed if it doesn't put X & Y where you want them to be. (i.e. X+, X-, Y+, Y-)

:edit:

You say this worked in X4 & X5 (never did for me).... maybe your post DID have something put in it... was the post updated?? Maybe some of the custom edits got hosed during updating....