Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Connexion mice

stuflo

i was issued with the space navigator but have just bought the space mouse pro. the wrist pad is well worth it and the extra buttons mean i hardly ever touch the keyboard. i was lucky enough to get mine through my apprentice using his educational card, look on there website under educational sellers. soooooo much cheaper.

but no i would be lost without it, no i am lost without it.

if you tried one for two solid days sat at a pc programming or designing you would be lost without one. (that is if you work in 3d)

I've got a Space Mouse Pro at home and a SPace Pilot Pro at work.

I've been using 3D Conexion devices for at least a decade and couldn't work without one.

They are excellent if you have trouble with a sore wrist or fingers on your mouse hand as

they take a lot of the load off your mouse

I've been working with these for years now and can't see myself working with out them now days. Although they're not for everyone, I would say that if you do a lot of 3D design and multi view or multi axis programming you'd see the most benifits from using one the 3d connex products. On the other hand if you do most of your work in one plane and very little design work or none at all, than you migtht not see where these would help very much.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

@ stufo,

If you're not using one, you should be. They are worth spending YOUR OWN money on if your company won' t buy it for you. My company bought a SpaceNavigator for me to travel with, I bought a SpacePilot from eBay for about $80-$90 that I keep on my desk at work. Getting ready to buy another one for home as I've been working a lot at home lately. I've got another SPace Navigator that I keep at home right now. My kids love theirs for Google Earth and PDF's for school.

To say that not using one is like working with one hand tied behind my back would not be doing the workflow improvements justice.

Lol. No I use mine in my right hand and mouse in the left. Probably cos I'm left handed.

No it doesn't replace a mouse it's as well as.

You can use it in google earth too. You can fly more like with a joystick. I've got a nice flight programmed round the iom tt course.

i've been using a 3D Space Navigator for a couple months now.

I chose to go with the base model because I didn't need all those fancy buttons. Instead, I went with a 15 button 5700dpi gaming mouse, which I macro in all the functions I need.

I would never want to work without either one.

Please tell me the exact functions that are so indispensable. :)

I have a SpaceNavigator and I rarely use it. I found it was very helpful with impellers, it let me smoothly view the toolpath and obtain views that were very hard to see with just a standard mouse.

I've found it hard to get use to and certain views are just easier to obtain with a regular mouse.

Greg I use this for Drawing to Programming all my parts.

certain views are just easier to obtain with a regular mouse.
I find this hard to believe. but this is your opinion so I believe it for you.

I have introduced easily at min of a 100 + people to the units and 75% that I know or more have purchased them for home and work.

I find programming to be much easier being able to move around the part to program while picking and chaining.

Programming Horizontal with tombstones and mutable parts easier.

Please tell me the exact functions that are so indispensable.
Sorry you asked a straight question.

Being able to freely move around the part or parts while programing and picking with my Right mouse at the same time for just one thought. :cheers:

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
Please tell me the exact functions that are so indispensable. :)

Pan, Zoom, AND Rotate simultaneously while picking. Try THAT with your mouse by itself.

:rofl:

I have a SpaceNavigator and I rarely use it.

I've got a homefor it if you don't want it.

Just sayin' :coffee:

I found it was very helpful with impellers, it let me smoothly view the toolpath and obtain views that were very hard to see with just a standard mouse.

It's just as helpful with everything else. Been using one since X came out in Beta..

I've found it hard to get use to and certain views are just easier to obtain with a regular mouse.

It DOES NOT replace a mouse, it enhances it AND makes it so your right hand does not have to do so much cutting down on carpal tunnel ssues. Before I got mine, I was coming awful close to having carpal tunnel issues and I'd say within 5-6 weeks, my right hand started to feel normal again.

JM2CFWIW