Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 verisurf tools ?

MrFish

I haven't seen any Verisurf tools for x7 yet.

But, if your looking for a way to get an axis try this.

Create flowline geometry on the walls of the hole you want drill. Make sure that your flowline direction is perpindicular to the dirction of the hole. This should make complete circles on the hole surface. Adjust the distance to suite your needs as you'll need at least two circles.

Then just connect the center of two of the fowline circle geo and done. Semi-instant hole axis.

This usually works for me... unless I have a model with funky UV direction, then I actually have to do some work.

I have it. :p

Have you tried the search function?

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=72192&st=20#entry843018

Holy cr@p, it's been out since March and I've been sitting here making flowlines and connecting dots and crud.

What's worse is that I read that OP when it was first posted but didn't follow it, LOL.

Thanks for the link J these tools come in very handy.

There is good reason to look in the whats new file for X7 too.

Mastercam now has it's own hole axis function, while I haven't actually used it yet, it looks to be even more powerful than the verisurf hole axis.

The Mcam holeaxis is specifically for solids, the Verisurf tools works with solids (they need to shaded), surfaces and arcs.

I did try a search, as always, but didn't come up, cant have used the right words.

I don't know what it is, but the search feature at this forum sucks. I don't how many times I've searched for something and nothing came up. Then when I find it through other methods, there are all of the exact words I was searching for.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...