Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change the drawing to CNC program?

Budpious

i looked at this topic last night and thought wtf kind of question is this. i actualy asumed it was late and i was not thinking clearly,i was wrong i was thinking clearly and now i still say wtf. smile.gif

+1 to what james said that has got to be one of the most civilized replies to a question of this nature.

i thought i was going to burn my eye brows from all the flames this morning,but it seems other than a few pokes all is well biggrin.gif

oh yea welcome to the forum if your still here.

trevor

Hi,

I have a question.

I have Mastercam v9.

How do i draw?

how do i make cnc program?

and i was to report a bug : when i try to open i get the message : "hasp not found", is it a known bug or my download is not ok? (I hate Kazaa).

mad.gifmad.gif

[ 11-02-2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: elad ]

quote:

In the past 30 minutes, 13 people have visited Mastercam Forum:

Mick from CNC Software, Inc., plasttav, Newbie,
Budpious
, michael_cnc, foolsh, elad, mats_asson, MichaelJ, phil darcy, and 3 guests.

quote:

Recent Visitors: Change the drawing to CNC program?

In the past 30 minutes, 10 people have visited Change the drawing to CNC program?

plasttav, Jack Mitchell, elad, Mick from CNC Software, Inc., Budpious, Newbie, MichaelJ, michael_cnc, and 2 guests.

Budpious !

Do you have smthn to say ?

Comments ,plz!

Iskander yelling :He is here !

[ 11-02-2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

Hi Budpious,

First on the drawing side , locate a custermer who beleaves that once he has drawn the part for you that all the programming is near complete.I noticed that your useing V9, we have a feature for novice users or beginners called "MakePart".

Your dealer will simply instruct you on how to set the "switches"and if your a quick learner this will only take a short while. Where I work we have this feature voice activated. All my

boss does is say "Scott Make this part", and puff the machine runs.

Iskander, the head count post was Exellent.

Scott teh'

It really works, that's why they hired me.

[ 11-02-2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Its even easier where I work.

We have a big scanner for the blueprints.

We scan the prints into the computer and Mastercam

transmits a perfect program the the machine.

It so easy I don't know why they even pay me to do it. biggrin.gif

gcode teh scanning prints on Sunday again tongue.gif

[ 11-02-2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Welcome to the forum!

First thing to do, is just DO NOT PANIC!

Then read the manual to figure out how to draw the lines and arcs, and finally draw the "side" of the part to be machined.

A journey of thousand mile begins with the first step.

Good luck!

budpious,

I would like to extend my deepest apologies on behalf of my esteemed colleagues on this forum. (lol) tongue.gif Here's what you will need to do for converting a CAD drawing into a perfect program. Go to our website SFA site and arrange to attend one of our regularly scheduled training classes. Register on the website, it's free if you just answer some basic questions: name, address, phone #, HASP ser. #, etc... Book a trip to attend our training class and make sure you bring all of the Mastercam disks and manuals that you have for your current version of the software. Once you acquire the temporary visa to attend our training and bring all relevant Mastercam media with you, we can begin to instruct you on the methods for applying toolpaths to a CAD data file. One word of caution however. You may have to spend some small time in a cold, cramped, bar enclosed area with a bunkmate named "Bubba". Have no fear because you'll be fed, clothed and even have close, intimate contact with all types of colorful individuals who are eager to make you feel right at home. I hope you have not been chased away from the more flaming replies on this particular thread. There are people who want to help. Where they are is another answer only you can find out. tongue.gif

[ 11-05-2003, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

I got a good place for you to look for a good way on how to do this. Walk you self over to Iraq and tell any American solider over there that you need him to help you program this part to be used in a weapon against him. I am sure he will be more than glad to fill you up with a good old hot cup of hot lead.

Crazy Millman teh come my way I will fix you right up with what you are looking for. dsmech4a_e0.gif