Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ for X9 PC1

You have to edit the HTML file. I had my IT guy do it.

Its simple if you know what to look for.

Machineguy

I don't follow. What html file?

I realize I can change the html it outputs but this wouldn't help me if I have a lot of them to do. Is there a default file somewhere else I'm missing that needs modifying?

If you didn't change your file locations:

the Logo file is here: C:/users/public/ public documents/x+

That's the png file

The x+ directory is here: C:/program files/mcamx8 (or 9)/chooks

It was the "css" file you hade to edit.

now I need to figure out what I did.

If you didn't change your file locations:

the Logo file is here: C:/users/public/ public documents/x+

That's the png file

The x+ directory is here: C:/program files/mcamx8 (or 9)/chooks

It was the "css" file you hade to edit.

now I need to figure out what I did.

Ok, forget about the company logo picture. I have no issue with that at all.

My dilemma is with the screenshot the program outputs.(See attachment) Part file is beyond the limits of the frame.

First you said there was an html to edit, then you said its a dll file, now you are telling me its the css file in the chooks directory?

What is the name of the file and what extension is it that needs modifying?

post-49390-0-10448400-1433772860_thumb.jpg

To get mine to work. The Logo file had to be 300 x 300 px

The 2nd thing I had to do was relocate the text information so the 2 wouldn't be on top of one another.

It was a CSS file that I had to edit. I moved the logo placement first, then the text placement.

Now I need to call the IT guy down cause I don't remember.

I don't need to edit the logo. That part is fine. I have the company logo already changed. Its the part file screenshot I'm referring to that is too big.

I usually make sure my window in mastercam is zoomed in to the extents of what I want in the screenshot image.

Then I click  X+ to create a toolist or setup sheet and when the window pops up look for the button that I think says large .bmp, If you uncheck that it outputs a smaller image based on the viewable area on your screen. Sometime I have to refresh my browser and image appears.

Also once it outputs your setup sheet or tool list check your zoom scale in your browser, your image output maybe not fitting because the default is zoomed in.

You can also edit the .css file for your Tool list or Setup Sheet. It should be located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\X+\templates\tool sheets\css  or C:\Users\Public\Documents\X+\templates\setup sheets

and I look for this in the .css file:

.HEADSCREENSHOT img{
max-width:600px;
}

I have my setup sheet and tool list look like this for the image location when I output my setup sheets:

/* screenshot container <div> - format and position of conatiner*/      
/.HEADSCREENSHOT{

display:inline-block; 
float:RIGHT;
}

I think if you add :

display:inline-block;
float:RIGHT;

it will keep the image with in the border thats what I did when I had this issue.

After you get  that screenshot I do a print preview, landscape, 85%.

what does that do for you.

Doesn't do anything except shrink the whole image along with text.

So I was playing around with the css defaults file and kept trying different settings. What I have found is that no matter what size I make the image, it's still cut off in the screenshot. Almost as if the X+ is not capturing the whole screen on my computer. If I zoom out on X9 to make the image smaller, then it fits on the X+ screenshot. Seems somewhere else will need modifying.

We had to change the width and placement setting in the css file. I had the same problem here.

Its been a good year or better since I did this.

I will have to fix the new one for X9 when I get it installed. No time right now. But I will talk to my IT guy when he comes down.

OK. I just want to make sure we are on the same page. The following pictures show a million words.

The first one is my mastercam window and what is showing on my screen.

The second one is the output with large bmp on.

The third picture is the output with large bmp off.

So as you can see regardless of which I select, the image is still not right. 

Now on the 4th picture I have edited the headscreenshot size to 2000 from 600. 

Then the 5th picture is that same file edited to 100 from 600. 

By 4th and 5th you can see the image capture is still the same, it just shrinks or enlarges the whole thing rather than capturing larger area.

Rhett I tried your method as well with the adding of the lines and it still did not work. I think I'm better off waiting for Gunther to chime in. Maybe he knows what my problem is. 

If I unzoom Mastercam from fit to 50%, then the picture outputs perfectly.

post-49390-0-92205200-1433775253_thumb.jpg

post-49390-0-61540000-1433775292_thumb.jpg

post-49390-0-04029000-1433775321_thumb.jpg

post-49390-0-68360100-1433775603_thumb.jpg

post-49390-0-05393400-1433775660_thumb.jpg

I just added X+ to my workstation upstairs at my desk and everything works great. Must be something on the laptop causing my issue. I will try to uninstall it and install a new copy to see if it fixes anything.

EDIT: Just tried a new install of it on the laptop and same thing. Oh well, guess I'll just use it on the desktop if I want to do a set up sheet. :)

I agree waiting for Gunther. I'm in the same position. After I installed X+ on my new workstation it does not even ouput anything. So hopefully Gunther will chime in with solutions to our issues soon. I'm having X+ withdrawal.  :laughing:

I noticed on all the workstations WITHOUT Microsoft Excel, generate the setup sheet fine EXCEPT for the screenshot.  The screenshot is not reduced in size and therefore displays a zoomed depiction of the part.  On all our workstations WITH Microsoft Excel, the setup sheet works perfectly fine.  I checked the .png files and they match the setup sheet.

Not sure if that will do anything, but I will try it on the laptop later.

• 2 weeks later...

Günther, 

I love X+, it's a great addon and I use it everyday!

But I'm having issues with the X9 version - it doesn't output the text stored in the "chuck ID" field of the tool definition, it just says "default holder".  In X8, this field was called "Holder (old)" and was outputting successfully.   I've been using this field to store the insert references for indexable tools, and my guys on the shopfloor use it alot.

Can you please get it to work again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...