Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X9 is now released

Jayson Kramer

So you know you can download X9 release from the Mastercam website under downloads as of now.

The full X9 installation contains both Mastercam and Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS installs under one installation. Smaller individual installations are also available for download as with previous releases.

Version and maintenance date information:
• The Mastercam version is 18.0.11898.0
• The Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS version is 18.0.11898.10
• Both products require current Maintenance to run.
• The sim-check date for this release is 4/29/2015
o If maintenance expires on or before 4/29/2015, Mastercam X9  CANNOT be run.
o If maintenance expires on 4/30/2015 or later, Mastercam X9  CAN be run.

• Like 4

Sticky - get the hint.

The overlords are telling you something

:hrhr:

I was thinking the same thing, I wasn't even 30 seconds into it and it's already dropping the ball :fun:

Hopefully later today I'll get the new configuration dealt with and then I'll see how mcfsw x9 handles horizontal work.

Well I just installed X9 on my upgraded rig with a 512SSD and 24gig of ram.  Everything went smoothly on the Advanced Migration option (didn't migrate config files).  It was nice to have everything default pathed to my boot drive instead of having to save to separate drives.

I LOVE that you can leave the Plane Mgr open all the time :cheers:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure where to ask this question but does anyone have issues with where you post files to after you switch machines?

I did ask this before regarding X7, but seems no one could figure this one out.

We have a variety of machines and at least a million programs and we often at times need to switch machines and since we use a network server in X6 we've had our default directories set to the shortcut drive "P:\"

Yet the specific folder it was in.... say as an example: "P:\Standards\47000-48999\P0047218\" that file path never changed when we switched machines.  I just wondered if anyone was able to figure out how to make mastercam point to a variety of directories without having to spend extra time going through all the folders so the program will post into the correct folder...

if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance if anyone can figure this out!

=)

-JD

Sometimes depending on how it is mapped, you have to use the UNC coding instead of just directory linking

\\server\share\file_path

Your actual directory names will be the address

If you have a IT guy, you may want to ask him or give your reseller a call

Giving you exact information is difficult without seeing your directory layout

The change will go in your control def and look something like this.......you do not use the drive letter but the server name

2015-06-23_11-03-52_zps9i5f5pn8.jpg