Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for a new vertical cnc mill

Hi

We run a work shope that mainly deals with injections mold , we do not making new molds but we do make modifications and repairs, we also make parts from aluminium , steels and copper electrodes

We looking for an vertical cnc mill that can deals accurate electrodes , hard matireal 3d surface milling , we looking at the mazak vcn 530hs ,doosan dnm650 hs, haas vm3 . we geting closed on the doosan

I want to note that we deals sometime with a large molds and parts

Dose any one have an experience with those machines

I nkow that probably people here will tells me go to the mazak but the mazak have very limited working space

I saw a youtube videos of the okuma genos m560-v they kick the machine to the limets is it Singapore made? Did you use this machine?

I have 2 of the Genos M560-V mills. 

VERY good machines, Excellent control.  Plus we got them with a 10 year warranty!

How can you beat that?

• Like 1

I must admit that the more I look at them, the more I like Quaser.

We have a Quaser MV204.  It works okay but has had some issues.  The spindle coolant union went and killed the spindle bearings.  It's also not very torquey; the belt slips if we try to use a 1" or bigger indexable drill in steel.  Our 40 taper Kitamura horizontals handle the same drill much better.

We have a Quaser MV204.  It works okay but has had some issues.  The spindle coolant union went and killed the spindle bearings.  It's also not very torquey; the belt slips if we try to use a 1" or bigger indexable drill in steel.  Our 40 taper Kitamura horizontals handle the same drill much better.

We had 4 Bridgeport/Hardinge VMCs, which shared parts with Quaser. Smoked two belts from plunge milling on the larger one.  Two of the four were plagued with tool changer issues from day 1. They also had the most thermal growth in the Z I have ever seen. 

I'm not excusing the tool change issues but if its the same arm / tool change design they use now it is adjusted very easily.

I had some thermal growth on my machines and added scales to all three axis.

Here is a question... Why do all builders charge so much money for scales options when you can buy them direct from  heidenhain at $2000-2500 per axis. $9k worth of hardware and maybe 1-2 days for labor? Mazak wants $40k to add scales to a machine for example.

I jast get an quotation on the okuma genos m560R-v

I dont know what the "R" mean in okuma site is jast M560-v

In the offer the machine came with 15k spindle , okuma OSP 300 , through coolant spindle, shower collant ,cheep removal , toll measure. The price is cheaper then the doosan 560 HS ,

I jast get an quotation on the okuma genos m560R-v

I dont know what the "R" mean in okuma site is jast M560-v

In the offer the machine came with 15k spindle , okuma OSP 300 , through coolant spindle, shower collant ,cheep removal , toll measure. The price is cheaper then the doosan 560 HS ,

If you're doing a lot of mold work and a lot of surfacing, you're going to want to get the SuperNurbs option on that Okuma. 

About a year ago we evaluated several VMC's (Mazak, Doosan, HAAS, Makino, etc...) for low quantity prototype work. We opted for a Genos M560 with supernurbs, 15k spindle, koma 4th, and a crap load of Rego Fix PG holders.

Every engineer is trying to find ways to justify why there parts should go on the Genos vs our HAAS VMC...

FWIW we are producing molds on this machine that require zero benching that go straight to lay up. As is with everything, this is not the machine alone and also requires quality tooling (holders and tools) and careful, thought out programming.

About a year ago we evaluated several VMC's (Mazak, Doosan, HAAS, Makino, etc...) for low quantity prototype work. We opted for a Genos M560 with supernurbs, 15k spindle, koma 4th, and a crap load of Rego Fix PG holders.

Every engineer is trying to find ways to justify why there parts should go on the Genos vs our HAAS VMC...

FWIW we are producing molds on this machine that require zero benching that go straight to lay up. As is with everything, this is not the machine alone and also requires quality tooling (holders and tools) and careful, thought out programming.

I do not understand your slang in the bottom line your happy with the okuma genos?

I wonder if the genos series is like the DMG ecoline series?

I heard that thows DMG ecoline are crap

I do not understand your slang in the bottom line your happy with the okuma genos?

I wonder if the genos series is like the DMG ecoline series?

I heard that thows DMG ecoline are crap

Davids,

What I meant is that we are very happy with the machine and the SuperNurbs capability. I do not have first hand experience with the Ecoline series from DMG.

A few applications engineers I have spoken with from various tooling/machine distributors don't have much positive feedback on them, but of course there opinions are potentially biased. Lack of rigidity was a reoccurring topic with the people I spoke with.