Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify horrible quality & time

So not a Guru

I think you need to work on your path more than you video card. If it's gouging, it's the path.

That's how I approach this situation.  I'll add an extra tool path before the leftover one with a tool dia. that's somewhere in between.   Most of what I cut are one offs and there's no room for scrapping a mold component and I just don't have the patience to tinker with a virtual model of the work.  This is where I miss WokNC; it would actually cut all of the leftover material without sending the tool plunging into heavy left over areas.  Hint, hint, Mastercam.

This is where I miss WokNC; it would actually cut all of the leftover material without sending the tool plunging into heavy left over areas.  Hint, hint, Mastercam.

It's called a boundary, hint hint

It's called a boundary, hint hint

That's not what I'm referring to.  I'm talking about MC pushing a small tool into a left over area and taking an excessive amount of stock.  WorkNC kept a stock history (without having to make stl files and such) and cut accordingly.  Never gouged or broke a tool when picking out small areas.

I'm talking about MC pushing a small tool into a left over area and taking an excessive amount of stock.  WorkNC kept a stock history (without having to make stl files and such) and cut accordingly.  Never gouged or broke a tool when picking out small areas.

Nope, MC does what you tell it to do. Restmill is pretty darn good, never gauges the part...or maybe i am just lucky ;)

WorkNC kept a stock history (without having to make stl files and such) and cut accordingly.  Never gouged or broke a tool when picking out small areas.

Unless things have changed since I used WorkNC last, you still had to tell it to use the stock model (though it was less work than creating an stl). It didn't just do it automatically.

WorkNC does create some nice 3D toolpaths!

That's not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about MC pushing a small tool into a left over area and taking an excessive amount of stock. WorkNC kept a stock history (without having to make stl files and such) and cut accordingly. Never gouged or broke a tool when picking out small areas.

This. Esprit also has Automated stock. Create it once and it's good for that set up. Save as stl only to flip for subsequent ops.

This is killing me right now.

Create stock models for a file, about 4 stock models in they all go "hollow" but none of my other files do it.

Had to start over. If it happens again I'll be pissed.

Full version about $30k...

You can get limited for one machine only.

You can setup your own machine using the library machines,or have them do it at a cost of $1k per axis

Small price to pay to take a first time program and have it run throughout the night unattended.

Vericut is $70K for a full seat last I heard here in NZ !!

Is a great piece of software (not worth $70K though, it only simulates, doesn't produce the code !) but is only as good as the accuracy of the machine and control file and after four years of running it we nearly had a crash a couple of weeks ago after we programmed a particular part in a particular fashion and the machine moved in a different path to what Vericut did. Was on a 5 axis DMG with Heidenhain controller and from an engineers point of view was an odd way to move the machine, these Germans have a weird way of thinking about some things !! 

Anyway a quick email to Vericut and it simulates as per the machine. Good quick service too, but as I say only as good as the machine/control file.

Vericut is $70K for a full seat last I heard here in NZ !!

Is a great piece of software (not worth $70K though, it only simulates, doesn't produce the code !) but is only as good as the accuracy of the machine and control file and after four years of running it we nearly had a crash a couple of weeks ago after we programmed a particular part in a particular fashion and the machine moved in a different path to what Vericut did. Was on a 5 axis DMG with Heidenhain controller and from an engineers point of view was an odd way to move the machine, these Germans have a weird way of thinking about some things !! 

Anyway a quick email to Vericut and it simulates as per the machine. Good quick service too, but as I say only as good as the machine/control file.

I second the level of support. CGTech are a great company to deal with, and they have a proven track record with g-code verification. I also agree, the simulation is only as good as the machine and control file. which means you need to know your machine well, or have the config. done by someone who knows it :)

• Like 1