Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PC/CNC Communication

CNCGUY

I assume you are talking about doing this DNC. I looked around and well not very cehap trying to DNC to many machine from one terminal. If you have a couple Seat of Mastercam you can do what we are doing. I am using one port to send programs to the machien in Mastercam. I then use another posrt to use Cimco Editor to send programs to the machien no my computer. I then use the other seat to do the same thing. That covers my 4 machines that need that. I just got the ethernet for the 2 HAAS's and it rocks no more wating or fumbling around no matter the size I can FNC or Hard drive the prgoram to the controller I am only limmited to a hard dirve size of 70 gigs from now on.

Crazy Millman

quote:

I looked around and well not very cehap trying to DNC to many machine from one terminal.

Money does not seem to be an obstical. We dont want a PC on the floor and dont want the operators to have to come to my PC to send files.

quote:

Have you looked at Cimco?

Not yet. I will now. Can the operator retrieve a file right at the control?

Are you talking about remote calls to grab the files? I think that might be machine dependant, no?

I have 5 machines, and 5 RS232 ports on my computer. So I can technically send to all 5 at once, though I don't generally DNC, so it's not an issue. BTW, I use a little program called SComm, which I made myself. It will DNC, but is not designed specifically for that.

scomm.jpg

'Rekd

We were running Quinx on our Deckel Mahos, Mazaks, and Eroders, without ever having a problem. It is expensive. Never any need for the workers to come into the programming room, to recover or send programs. All programs were called from the machine, and all stored in there own directories on the main computer. Mastercam would place the programs in the right folders according to what Post you used, then the machines could recall them directly from there.

We use eLan 2000. Works the same way.. you save your files into a seperate directory (on the server) for each machine. All the operator needs to know is the file name. You can also drip feed to all machine at the same time. This software seems to work ok.

Merry Christmas

Jack

quote:

Extreme DNC will do wired or wireless. And you can dripfeed wireless, which is unique. And the remote calls also work wired or wireless.

+1 on that....I've had xtreme wired to over 60 machines without any problem. Drip feed - remote request etc...etc. With that remote request you can even start the program drip feeding to the machine from any tool not just the beginning.

I've been trying to get the guy who pays for everything here at my new place to buy it for over a year. Money is the obstacle here. I'm finding it hard to live without it, thats how good it is. I hate this friggen switchbox setup we have here. I feel like barney rubble with this junk. cheers.gif