Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for work

Code_Breaker

Just got a call from a company using SurfCAM ... how easy to learn?

Don Dawson

Corona, CA

I believe they have a downloadable Demo version. Many years ago about 2000 -, I transitioned from Mastercam v7 to Surfcam  . Back then they were not too dissimilar, both were surface/wireframe with similar toolpath capabilities. Posting was very different but I would not be put off by the learning curve if I needed work . Good luck with your job search.

Don Dawson

Corona, CA

It's horrible, Soo out dated. You will be sitting there pulling your hair out with how stupid everything is. I can't even get a simple silhouette profile to actually follow the geometry given. If you took a rock and bashed your head in and forgot everything you know about CAD/CAM software, you would be better off because you wouldn't be sitting there going "OMG this is soo easy to do in Mastercam. Why are you terrible"

• Like 1

Don Dawson

Corona, CA

I used Surfcam before Mastercam and it was very easy to transition from one to the other.  IMHO Mastercam is much better but Surfcam does have some nice features.  I don't think you'd have a big learning curve.

• 2 weeks later...