Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Forum Etiquette Idea

#Rekd™

Hi,

I know this is probably not the correct forum but thought more people will read it.

It would be great if person or persons asking for advice/ help give an update as to whether the solution(s) provided solved their problem. I know some people do but not all.

Just a thought.

Cheers

John

• Like 7

This is a big part of the reason I try not to answer questions about problems privately.

In those times I have, I have posted up the fix/result in the topic....

But yes, a resolution, but what helps most, a file......if you have an issue with a tool path, a file is most helpful.

Understandably, some files cannot be shared, well if the issue is enough that you have to ask for help, take a few minutes in files such as these and break out just the issue....

That could mean making some surfaces, sending along just the wire frame, something that protects the original information but allows people to see the issue you're having.

Like I have said many time hard to throw darts and the dart board in a dark room wearing a blindfold. No need to come in bashing the product either. We all are hard working people trying to make a living just like anyone else. We offer to help to give back what others have done for us over the years. We all have our issues in life and this is a tool we all use to earn a living. Like the tool or not is it what we have to use. I am of the mind set more information than not enough.

We are here to help anyone help themselves, but it requires more than this doesn't work.

It would be great if person or persons asking for advice/ help give an update as to whether the solution(s) provided solved their problem. I know some people do but not all.

Just a thought.

Cheers

John

I posted the same thing years ago.

along with this, titling the Industrial forum with verbiage explicit to only mastercam questions. I thought that was the original intent, but i guess i'm wrong.

• 1 year later...

Just want to say I searched etiquette in this forum today because I wanted to see if I was the only one wondering the same things that have been previously discussed here many times . I recently looked and turns out there have a few downloads of stuff that I have posted and never heard a thanks or cool stuff or that's dumb or anything ... I love this forum and really appreciate all the help I have had just by reading a lot of the posts here, you guys are great ! and I would like to thank you for the knowledge you're passing on.

• Like 1

Being positively responsive ,  thanking  for help  and being neutral when you could be rude are things, which are  intrinsic to cultural upbrining  ,  if you don't have that , this place is too late to introduce them .... or sort of demand them by making bylaws out of it......methinks.

Gracjan

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:02 PM, C^Millman said:

Like I have said many time hard to throw darts and the dart board in a dark room wearing a blindfold.

Ronaldo - you do this after spinning 10 times first!

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, mkd said:

I posted the same thing years ago.

Did you come back and give an updated reply on how it went?

:lol:

Good reminder Bubbles

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

Ronaldo - you do this after spinning 10 times first!

Did you come back and give an updated reply on how it went?

:lol:

Good reminder Bubbles

sarcasm win :bowdown:

4 hours ago, Thad said:

:rofl:

3 hours ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

Solved!

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:cheers:

• Haha 1