Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Version 8 is here!

Jayson Kramer

Cimco Version 8 is here!
The new V8 release is available for free to all Cimco customers who are current on their maintenance. To download your upgrade, go to http://www.cimco.com/geteditor you will get the brand new V8.

Remember, Cimco is not just an editor. Cimco has a full line of products for your computer integrated manufacturing needs.

If you are not a Cimco customer already and would like more information on our products, please contact our office directly.
888-316-0445 ext 2 or your local dealer.

http://www.cimco.com/2016/news/cimco-software-8-released/

NOTE: you will need to get a new V8 license key from your Cimco dealer for the new V8 to run.

post-1097-0-85562500-1467215302_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jay just called me and said V8 requires a fresh license

If you're running a network license it requires a new network license server as well

Meanwhile, leave your V7 install alone.

You can install V8 separately and it will run on a 30 day license to give you time to get

your new V8 license

This for the Professional version outside of Mastercam that has more tools on the editor side.  the version inside of MC is our Standard version. beside other types of functions, We see a lot of Mastercam customers buy the upgrade to pro because, it has the option to backplot actual gcode motion beside other functions.

This can be made to be your default editor inside mastercam. I have a video on my Precision Programming Services YouTube page showing how to do this.

you can download the editor at anytime and it will run for 30 days in full working mode. Also as a Mastercam customer you get the upgrade at a more then 50% discount.(must supply Sim Number)

Now on a diffrent note. Cimco is not just and editor. you folks may have seen on the forum  before as folks have stated they are using our DNC-Max for the DNC communications. the editor can do basic communications but the DNC max will do a lot more and work with a broader variety of machines and have support Maztrol machines and support for Mapps and Focus. These products are  offerd to you by InHouse Solutions a large dealer ship of Cimco products and do a lot sale's of more then just the editor. as Cimco offer the more products like MDC-Max being Machine monitoring and collection.They have skilled installer able to do wonders with these tools.

Another great tool we offer is NCbase for revision control of your programs. you can now control what revision of a program will be used on the floor. This just one part of what it offers. All this can be connected by wire or Ethernet or even wireless across most networks.

How about having bar code scanners at each machine, so that when the traveler comes to the machine they scan the bar-code and that sets the correct program ready to load to your machine. So now you hit receive and the program is loaded.

I hope this give you a little incite.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone having problems with the new Cimco ver.8? When I go to open a backplot window I get the below error message and backplot does not work. Another issue is that window tile vertical, horizontal don't work either. I only get cascade when when I pick either one. Can someone give some help for this?

Thanks,

Paul

post-50012-0-20320700-1469194225_thumb.jpg

If it's not there, then I don't see the point to upgrade...

Cimco file dialogs are not entirely based on simply calling windows routines directly. This is because how they implemented file browsing in their code long time ago. And I'm sure back them there was a valid technical reason to take the path they took.

Their file browse dialogs were written by themselves a century ago. The entire cimco suite is based on the windows mfc, a framework that is very old and robust,not much influenciable by new versions of Windows.

Because it was written long time ago and it is backwards / onwards compatible with the o/s, it looks bad in recent windows versions.

They would have to rewrite it. Search for a dll called filebrowse.dll on the dll folder of every cimco module. This function wraps file open dialogs in the way cimco wants it. It's homemade.

Typically, when you write an application, you call yourself windows functions and they make windows to show you its dialogs,the standard ones. In cimco let's say they call filebrowse.dll, and this one calls windows api functions to show the file dialog. There's a difference.

I might be wrong about this, but these fancy file browse dialogs with shortcuts are also not available off the shelf in Windows api. All applications that use them use a modern filebrowse.dll like solution that offer extra options. Companies can write it themselves and make their apps show these dialogs by calling their own modern filebrowse.dll, or they do it through a framework like Codejock which is an api for professional development.

In essence, cimco needs to upgrade their own file browser function to be able to offer what you want.

The problem is that their solution is called hundreds if not thousands of times in their source code. It's a significant effort to test it all.

I might be wrong about some details, but I think this is the general idea.

HTH

I was just coming to let everyone one no that the Cascade issue has been fixed in the 8.00.02 release. looks like Watcher has all ready seen this.
you can go to the upper right corner to Help and select latest download and then close the editor after download and install it will upgrade your version.

Cimco file dialogs are not entirely based on simply calling windows routines directly. This is because how they implemented file browsing in their code long time ago. And I'm sure back them there was a valid technical reason to take the path they took.

Their file browse dialogs were written by themselves a century ago. The entire cimco suite is based on the windows mfc, a framework that is very old and robust,not much influenciable by new versions of Windows.

Because it was written long time ago and it is backwards / onwards compatible with the o/s, it looks bad in recent windows versions.

They would have to rewrite it. Search for a dll called filebrowse.dll on the dll folder of every cimco module. This function wraps file open dialogs in the way cimco wants it. It's homemade.

Typically, when you write an application, you call yourself windows functions and they make windows to show you its dialogs,the standard ones. In cimco let's say they call filebrowse.dll, and this one calls windows api functions to show the file dialog. There's a difference.

I might be wrong about this, but these fancy file browse dialogs with shortcuts are also not available off the shelf in Windows api. All applications that use them use a modern filebrowse.dll like solution that offer extra options. Companies can write it themselves and make their apps show these dialogs by calling their own modern filebrowse.dll, or they do it through a framework like Codejock which is an api for professional development.

In essence, cimco needs to upgrade their own file browser function to be able to offer what you want.

The problem is that their solution is called hundreds if not thousands of times in their source code. It's a significant effort to test it all.

I might be wrong about some details, but I think this is the general idea.

HTH

I understand, but if I'm jumping between several networked drives in several facilities in different states the windows based explorer would be pretty useful, at least for me.