Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock model toolpath

jeff

Is it possible to have the stock model toolpath NOT shown? I'm referring to the .stl model or whatever type of model it is.

I can't find a way to turn it off and that makes it difficult to see my entities.

Or am i doing it wrong? I've only used this twice.

Select just the stock model operation and toggle the tool path on and off, like you would a normal tool path. Most likely this is just what you are after. 

But, if you have created a Pmesh from the stock model, meaning you have created a solid from the stock model, put it on its own level and turn that level on and off. It can get pretty confusing if you don't have good organization with Pmesh solids and stock models. 

Gosh darn it you people type too fast.....

• Like 1

Be nice if the folder when collapsed showed you if a stock model was active or not. You have to open up the folder and look at the sub component verse the main folder. When you have 3 or 10 stock models and they can be just slight variations of one or the other then it makes it hard to know which one is the active one and which one is not.

• Like 1

Be nice if the folder when collapsed showed you if a stock model was active or not. You have to open up the folder and look at the sub component verse the main folder. When you have 3 or 10 stock models and they can be just slight variations of one or the other then it makes it hard to know which one is the active one and which one is not.

That's why I use different colors for successive stock models, it makes it a little easier to tell which ones are active.

• Like 1

Speaking of stock models, is any one else having trouble with stock model planes in 2017? In x9 I would save my stock and the do a plane to move it to desired place. I am now having to save it from verify then bring it in and transform it. Wolhoch is all well and good but it also causes me to have the hollow stock models again. However, I have found it I offset the stock an additional 0.010in the hollow models go away.

Is it possible to have the stock model toolpath NOT shown? I'm referring to the .stl model or whatever type of model it is.

I can't find a way to turn it off and that makes it difficult to see my entities.

Or am i doing it wrong? I've only used this twice.

Ok this is an annoyance and I dont know exactly why the tool path on certain ops turns on but here is what I do.....

When that annoying tool path renders on the screen, pressing T is only temporary and when you reopen the file the toolpaths will be back.

I press the select all button (that way I don't have to hunt for which NCI is highlighted),  then hit the button with the squiggly lines.

That will turn on everything so if you have huge stock models you will have to wait for the render....if you know which one it is just highlight that op and hit the "Show" button  (the one with the squiggly lines).

Then hit the same button again and turn them all off....save file and voila !  

• Like 1

Yes, I've learned early to make each Stock Model a unique color, which helps me figure out which one is "active". Also, you can display multiple models, and see if there is an area where the stock is "equal" between them, or exactly when a piece got "chopped" off.

Its funny, I just got saved the other day by using a Stock Model. I was running through my verification, and I keep thinking to myself "why is part of that wall equal to the finished wall? There should be .02 of stock there for the finish tool to cut...". Then when I went back and checked my roughing, sure enough, the "stock to leave" was at zero. That is one of those errors it is hard to catch without doing a comparison at each stage of the process. Because it isn't a "gouge" into the part, it is just not leaving enough stock at the right time...

That's true, but not if you assign the color when you create the stock model.

Yes, but I was in a hurry and having more than a dozen stock models and over 20 operations all tied to them is quite a process. Next time I need to regenerate the operations I will be assigning them different colors.

Stock models are cool, but what I dislike is that in the op tree a. the work zero number is displayed (it doesn't really matter) and b. the NC file name is NOT displayed (it really matters). I also wish there was a way to hide them permanently inside the stock model dialog, just like you can hide the default stock.

Edit: oops, got mixed up with stock model and manual insert! The first sentence applies to manual entry, not stock model... :turned: