Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jessie James

Wally

Good morning all, well I sure have gotten my education on Jessie this morning. I really didn`t know he was a pirate at one time. I`m not surprised but didn`t know. Thanks for the knowledge. on a side note: the wind chill here is -30 below. I`d give anything to be on the west coast today.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

(disfunctional) OCC

Well, Im getting a up close look tomorrow at ther stuff. bike show near here this weekend. I cant wait to see this stuff up close. there are somr other bike builders there also cant remember who.

quote:

They sub all the work out and slap it back together

yes, looks so easy but thats what makes TV. I like the biker build off better. those guys are craftsmen

Is Chopper's Inc Billy Lane's outfit?

If so, I have to disagree with you on their stuff. In the 'Great Biker Buildoff' he built 2 bikes in a row that wouldn't start. There's quality for you.

Dave Perewitz built [from the ground up, paint, flames, everything] a bike that kicked the crap out of Billy's on the Buildoff but Billy wins because he's the popular guy.

Speaking of Indian Larry; get out of the '70's guy; Paul Yaffe's bike smoked that hobby-horse Larry built on the Buildoff and lost [again] due to Larry's popularity.

Just my .04

C

quote:

I've watched every episode and the way they get the frame to look smooth is for the paint man to add 10 lbs of bondo to each bike...

+1 on that

quote:

Well, Im getting a up close look tomorrow at ther stuff. bike show near here this weekend.

Bring a magnet with ya it prolly won't stick to anything. biggrin.gif

Chris,

I didnt say the other bikes on that show werent

fine bikes. I thought Yaffes bike would win.

I personely prefer the old style choppers.

as long as ther rideable. just my preference.

quote:

-------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Indian Larry; get out of the '70's guy; Paul Yaffe's bike smoked that hobby-horse Larry built on the Buildoff and lost [again] due to Larry's popularity.

-------------------------------------------------

Calling anything Larry built a hobby-horse.

Im guessing you dont even ride.

and yes both of my bikes are 70's, my sportys got

almost 60000 and starts on the first kick (no electric start for me).

there probably a reason for Larrys popularity.

like he builds bikes to be riden not just to look at. just try and get at the oil filter on Yaffes bike.

just my .06

Speaking of Billy Lane......he might build good bikes but an engineer he is not...........

I rolled in the floor when he set his xxxx on fire on the buildoff......

Like he didnt have a clue that was going to happen when he ran the exaust under his seat???

You see those OCC guys grinding away on the frames of those bikes, throwing grinding grit everwhere, right into the open engine intakes that arent plugged, right into the open trans housing.

Then the apache bike chokes after eating a piece of grinding dust in front of the world....

I'm glad someone else is human and makes mistakes like the rest of us....heh biggrin.gif

Those other guys sleek modern designs also rocked. There was one dude that ran the oil in the frame....now that's engineering cheers.gif

I love shows like those....

Murlin

quote:

like he builds bikes to be ridden

Kick start and Jockey shift don't scream 'ride me' to me but neither does an exposed 3" belt drive or [gulp] a chain-drive [nice idea, NOT!]

I gotta confess, though, that I ain't much of a Harley guy to begin with...

In a couple years I'll take all that dough I'm blowing on day care and buy me another Yamaha...

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm a "Rice Burner" fan myself. A nice CBR or GSXr suits my personality a bit better than a HOG style bike. Nothing against them though.

I'm grateful for those guys buliding bikes on TV. They are motivating the next generation of metal workers which we are in DIRE need of.

JM2C

quote:

They are motivating the next generation of metal workers which we are in DIRE need of.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. Some of those guys' fabrication skills are just AWESOME! I'd like to see a West Coast [Jesse James, Yaffe, etc.] vs. East Coast [billy Lane, Roger Borgette (sp?), Dave Perewitz, even Indian freakin Larry] Monster Garage competition where they both get the same task and materials.

That'd be pretty cool if they could keep from killing each other.

C

Chris, Bucket and other chopper fans,

Here's a link to a customer of ours in Derry, NH. They custom build a bike from frame up. The only thing they have done elsewhere is the engine, which they usually get from another customer of ours, and the paint job. They actually take measurements of their clients and build the bike to the client. They also work with them in the color scheme and style of the bike. I've been there and it's an impressive shop. Their "front end" store is full of choppers and accessories. Check out the bike that will be featured on MTV's "Cribs" with Sully from Godsmack. This is craftsmanship. Chopper Works cool.gifbiggrin.gif

You may want to turn the volume down if you click the link when you're at work. Otherwise...TURN IT UP!! biggrin.gif

[ 01-20-2004, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]