Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Not to brag or anything...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm going to Kauai, Hawaii for 7 days. Leaving tomorrow morning. biggrin.gif So while you're all working... I'll be thinking of you while I'm napping on my lanai. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif LOL!!!! Been nearly 3 years since the last Vacation. Far too long. Just the wife and I - actually it's out 10 year anniversary trip too. Any machine shops on Kauai??? biggrin.gifwink.gif

James,

My Mom lives on the Big Island.

Last time I visited her I looked around for machine shops. There were a couple of garage type

operations supporting the fishing fleet, but that was about it.

I think we only have one forum member from Hawaii.

No Mastercam for a whole week.

Are you sure you are ready for that tongue.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...No Mastercam for a whole week.

Are you sure you are ready for that? ...

I figure I'll start convulsing on Sunday... wink.gif

Wireless laptop... I wish I could afford a new laptop so I can download pictures to it so I don't have to buy another Memory Card for my camera.

On that note, anybody know if there is a PCMCIA USB card??? I have an old 486 Laptop that still works...

Me'n the Sweetie Pie went there last May for the 25th. Stayed at Poipu... Nice cool.gif

The whole island is great. Dry south / wet north, continual deluge center.

If you're current on big bike riding, you gotta rent a Harley from Pacific Island Rentals, and run up and down the Wiamea Canyon road. smile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif Only way to have more fun than that requires wings.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

you gotta rent a Harley from Pacific Island Rentals

Love to but the wife is 34 Weeks pregnant. eek.gif Probably not a good idea right now. We went there for our Honeymoon too so we'll see the things we dd not see last time.

I 'spect Rekd will jump in here any minute with the proverbial "Hey James.... which finger am I holding up?" biggrin.gif

quote:

... Mastercard...

eek.gifeek.gif

Actually, all cash. Been down that road before. Never again I hope.

James teh debt free excursions...

quote:

...Maybe you wanna try BestBuy...

Thanks for the tip CAM! cheers.gif

No finger this time, James. Just be sure to check yer baggage for stow-aways before you leave.. I'm a small guy and can fit lots of places you wouldn't think to look... wink.gif

Debt free? Heh. My wife is awsome. In less than 10 months, we'll be credit card debt-free. This doesn't include the house, but EVERYTHING else. biggrin.gif

'Rekd

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Debt free? Heh. My wife is awsome. In less than 10 months, we'll be credit card debt-free. This doesn't include the house, but EVERYTHING else

Ditto. My wife is awesome too. We do owe for the house (which is technically secured debt and does not really count) and 1 of our cars which we're going to try to pay off this year... rolleyes.gif .. we'll see. It was a huge burden lifted when we were able to get the credit card stuff paid off. Sure, I have to wait sometimes months for stuff I want but it sure beats the alternative. cheers.gif

quote:

Debt free? Heh. My wife is awsome. In less than 10 months, we'll be credit card debt-free. This doesn't include the house, but EVERYTHING else.

Debt free. Best. Thing. Ever.

I did that about 6-8 years back. Took a couple years (and living on a VERY tight budget) but there's nothing like writing that last check to those credit card companies. Funny thing was, I working for a credit card division of a bank at the time. biggrin.gif Only debt I have now is a house. Kinda hard to pay cash for those things. biggrin.gif

Bryan smile.gif

quote:

Been nearly 3 years since the last Vacation. Far too long.

Have a safe and wonderful trip, the time off is well deserved.

quote:

It was a huge burden lifted when we were able to get the credit card stuff paid off.

Just the wife's camper she had to have and the house. Been busting our butts for 5-1/2 years to get out of credit card debt. Went to the bank and paid off the truck and the last credit card 2 days ago. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Her check covers the bills except for $40 a week from me. Now if I get mad here, there is always "Would you like an apple pie with that?" What a relief, to be debt free.. cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Greg

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I believe that since the baby would be able to be held by either one of us we can get out of paying for another ticket. biggrin.gif

We will be finding the Hospital first thing JIC. biggrin.gif