Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Updating to X6

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Gutty

Gutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Never mind the disc - where's the mouse mat :D

Haha.. too right ! :thumbup:

Seanc

Seanc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I'm one of the guys caught with the first x6 version. So, I uninstalled it, notice little pieces hanging around in the documents folder and deleted those as well. I now have the latest and greatest disk and x6 is installed and it only flashes on the monitor for about a half second, never to be seen again. I've noticed that "my mcamx6" does not exist in my documents folder.

Seanc

Seanc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I'm one of the guys caught with the first x6 version. So, I uninstalled it, notice little pieces hanging around in the documents folder and deleted those as well. I now have the latest and greatest disk and x6 is installed and it only flashes on the monitor for about a half second, never to be seen again. I've noticed that "my mcamx6" does not exist in my documents folder.

That did it my bad Sc

OlderthanDirt

OlderthanDirt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I appreciate your help John.

I have a question. I downloaded the X6 x64 latest version but it did not install into the \Program Files(x86) subdirectory (like X5 did) and it doesn't seem to be hyperthreading or multitasking (like X5 did). Is there something somewhere I need to turn on? When I do a regen of a dynamic area op, I do not get the little symbol showing it doing its thing in the background.

Frustrated....

JParis

JParis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,453 posts

I appreciate your help John.

I have a question. I downloaded the X6 x64 latest version but it did not install into the \Program Files(x86) subdirectory (like X5 did) and it doesn't seem to be hyperthreading or multitasking (like X5 did). Is there something somewhere I need to turn on? When I do a regen of a dynamic area op, I do not get the little symbol showing it doing its thing in the background.

Frustrated....

X6 on a x64 computer will install into the "Program Files" structure

On a 64 bit computer, you have
Program Files(x86) which is 32 bit application
Program Files which is x64 bit applications, that is where X6 will be located

X5 was a 32 bit app and installed in Program Files(x86)

JParis

JParis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,453 posts
If you're using the 2D highspeed tool paths they do not multi-thread

OlderthanDirt

OlderthanDirt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

If you're using the 2D highspeed tool paths they do not multi-thread

Thanks again. That answers my question.

Bruce

Bruce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Is this update and migration process the same for MCfWS X5 to MCfSW X6.

drafting3

drafting3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

This .pdf will help you get your X6 up and running.

This handles most straight forward installations. If you're doing something different, there may be some other things you will want or need to do.

There's been some issue of what appears to be people updating their X5 config IN the X5 folder. This "may" help

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

flawless transition. thank you for the guide!

BissTool

BissTool

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am having a problem setting up the default machines in the config. having this problem on both machines that I am setting up with Mcam6. So I figure it is me doing something wrong. I have followed J Paris' .pdf tip sheet, I think. I have attached screenshot.

Attached Files

sr_7626@natl

sr_7626@natl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

I am having a problem setting up the default machines in the config. having this problem on both machines that I am setting up with Mcam6. So I figure it is me doing something wrong. I have followed J Paris' .pdf tip sheet, I think. I have attached screenshot.

having same problem since our IT guy installed X6MU2 on our computers the other day.. I am also noticing about a 20 sec delay once MC opens up before it will alow you to do anything. it says not responding until it gets unstuck..think im going to have the IT guy uninstall and reinstall X6 MU2 and see what happens.