Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Pat Tillman Killed in Afghanistan

Charles Davis

I wrote them a pretty nasty email.

You know I really wonder if these people even realize how good they have it here especially with OTHERS volunteering to keep their liberties intact to write such garbage.

How long do they think a web-site like that would stay around in one of these countries they admire so much.

For Pete's Sake the Taliban wouldn't even let women go to school.

I think in their warped way they think it's KEwl to hate America. Dissidents ya know.

Want to be kewl... wear yerr cap sideways and let yer pants droop.. slouch when yer driving so noone can see you above the dashboard and let the bass rip and pretnend that "music" is actually good. Now THAT'S KEWL!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Want to be kewl... wear yerr cap sideways and let yer pants droop.. slouch when yer driving so noone can see you above the dashboard and let the bass rip and pretnend that "music" is actually good. Now THAT'S KEWL!

We can throw them in the desert too before we turn it to glass !! biggrin.gif

Prayers out to Pat's family, and the families of all who have lost loved ones in the war against terrorism.

I've never served, never been in combat and I'm NOT criticizing at all. I found the number of troops that were killed (in Marc Lindsey's post) by accidental/negligent gunfire (our own troops mishandling weapons) and traffic accidents astonishing. What is it, like 15% or more?

curse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

Un-*******-believeable.

::shakes head in sorrow::

frown.gif

His name is Ted Rall and he's syndicated cartoonist who's a delusional wacko. His email is [email protected] and I'm writting to tell him to pack his bags and get out of my country so he can claim I'm violating his 1st ammendment rights. Go live in Syria for a year and see what fundamental human rights really means. Evidently he was canned from the NYT of all venues!

Phil

the best tribute to tilman that i've seen so far goes something like this (with a little added by me): every player in the NFL should have the initials of a fallen soldier on his helmet/uniform for the entire season. they can put a bio of the soldier he represents in every gameday program for all 16 games he plays in - nothing super big, just a little background on the soldier. these bio's could also be included on the teams websites. I think this would be more along the lines of how pat tillman would want to be remembered.

with this, each player would donate a small percentage of their salary for that year to a fund to help put children of fallen soldiers thru college.

+1 to you biss03, I agree and have a concern. What compensation do these families receive now when these Hero's unfortunately don't come home? Is there something for them now besides waiting for college? I love your idea but am concerned about the children and families now also. I believe in communities and helping all I can locally and fully support my local Veterans. I wouldn't be here now if it weren't for them.

p.s. My boys want to grow up and be Soldiers and shoot bad guys and protect Good people, God Bless Them and those that serve now!

Pat's funeral was yesterday and was attended by some 3000 people. it's been a while since i served but if memory serves me correctly the military does have death benefits for families of fallen soldiers. Social Security should also be available for the families and i think there is a

private organization to help military families in need. i remember donating money to an orginizaiton of military wives for just this purpose. this during the Nam conflict so i don't know if it still exists. Wouldn't it be nice to have a general fund you could donate to , just like the campaign fund on the tax form. I would much rather have a dollar go to the military families of those who serve than give a buck to the presidential campaigns of rich men.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I would much rather have a dollar go to the military families of those who serve than give a buck to the presidential campaigns of rich men...

+1,000,000,000

Ted Rall is obviously writing for extreme reaction – this time he has hit an all time low or adversely so, the ultimate jackpot. (Full blown and unabated attention/readership – hate him, skin him, or boil him live in Texas tea); although many of his cartoons show a radical subjective approach, he sets his rules easily and catches many flies with his loose interpretations, which is what I believe his true intention to be from the outset.

His concept on Daniel Pearle’s widow is equally destructive.

http://www.ucomics.com/tedrall/2004/04/12/

Some newspapers thrive on this stuff and others simply avoid it like the plague; but it all comes down to readership and selling news articles or newspapers for money. frown.gif

I am not siding with his wacko sense of humor but I can appreciate his attempt to burn the planet so to speak; ultimately his neighbors are going to have to move to another location for fear of becoming innocent bystanders when somebody actually goes after him and his family.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

I don't get it. What about this Ted Rall guy's crap is even remotely amusing? Even when viewed in a dark humor/cynical way it comes across as shallow, stupid, senseless, and in very, very poor taste and it can't possibly further ANY cause right or left.

It would give me great satisfaction to smash that a$$hole right in the face. mad.gif

My 2 cents...

I watched Rall on "The No Spin Zone" last night.

If ever the term "liberal elite" fit someone, it fits him. Its obvious he conciders the masses much too ignorant and stupid to know what's really going on. Of course he's happy to explain it all. Guys like him and Micheal Moore give me a real pain. curse.gifcurse.gif

I'm neither a fan of football, nor a fan of this war, but my hat is off to Pat Tillman for putting his convictions ahead of opportunity. Though I usually think Ted Rall is quite funny, he was tastelessly off base on this one, as were the comments from Indy Media. They should not take out their anger over the war by ridiculing a fallen soldier, whether it be Tillman or any of the hundreds of others on the list Marc Lindsay posted. For anyone to use a fallen soldier for political gain is beyond tasteless.