Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What DNC do you use/trust?

CEMENTHEAD

We have a Predator DNC system here feeding about 50 machines from new state of the art machines to 50 year old antiques

There are lots of problems and I'll bet it costs us a half million a year in downtime getting files to and from machines

A lot of it is our fault and a some  of it is Predators.  I really don't like the software we have to use. 

I tried to get them to look at Cimco when we bought Predator, but the decision had already been made.

I don't know if Cimco would be any better in this environment, but it worked well  for me in some of the smaller places

I've worked.

• Like 2

Cimco was 1000% better than predator. Cimco tell you how long the program will take to transfer and also gives you a cancel button. Also if you have something like a Haas and a Moxa 5110, then you can setup the machine with X modem. Its really nice because from the server you can send a whole series of files to a certain machine. When you go to the machine and hit RS232 receive the control will tell the server to send the file. So if you have 5 files waiting to be transferred, just hit receive 5 times. Super nice and easy to setup. 

• Like 2

I have extensive experience with Predator. no complaints. very simple and not much extra.

we just switched to Factory Wiz, so far so good. lots of extra bells and wistles so a little more complex than I think it needs to be for DNC

in a past life used Cimco that seamed to work very smooth. am sure they have evolved since I used it.

could boil down to your needs.

For the last 20+ years we've been using Cimco. But before that we used a program called Quicklink. We used Quicklink when our programming pc was running windows 3.x and Quicklink was a DOS program. Simple but worked.

Only have 1 machine left that uses RS232, the other 20 or so use either memory cards or thumbdrive.

For my place I had "easydnc" (7x vmc's connected and 2x terminals).

Which was....easy....and dead reliable.

One of my customers had cimco with all the bells and whistles - utilization graphs, component count etc - it is an awesome system. Providing you understand that side of things....

On 6/23/2023 at 7:09 AM, Jayson Kramer said:

I have used both and setup both systems of Predator and Cimco. I Prefer CIMCO. predator is not bad.
Shop I am in now I sold them Predator early 2000. if I had my choice I would go to CIMCO.

Both software's offer a lot of the same tools  and options.

Shop I am in now?

Are you no longer with CNC Software?

• Sad 1