Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reorder Planes ?

MrFish

Levels should have folders/groups, and planes should have more flexibility to organization. Sucks adding a few in, or working on a big file that has no semblance of order in the planes manager. I often just sort by offset number to get all the used ones near the bottom. It's less than a band-aid solution, IMO

• Like 6
2 hours ago, SuperHoneyBadger said:

Levels should have folders/groups, and planes should have more flexibility to organization. Sucks adding a few in, or working on a big file that has no semblance of order in the planes manager. I often just sort by offset number to get all the used ones near the bottom. It's less than a band-aid solution, IMO

Talk to CrazyMillMan about folders in levels. He asks for them for how long? 7 years?

We will get changes from TRIM to DYNAMIC TRIM and back 3 more times and then maybe (not promises) folders.

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, SuperHoneyBadger said:

Levels with groups! Never thought of that, that would be very very cool.

• Haha 1

Levels should also have an option to show contents when active and hide it when inactive. This so you can arrow-key through the levels and find what geometry you're looking for, just like the Ops Manager has the option to turn on toolpaths for the selected operation so you can arrow-key through that and see toolpaths turn on and off. Makes finding stuff easier.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Jobnt said:

Levels should also have an option to show contents when active and hide it when inactive. This so you can arrow-key through the levels and find what geometry you're looking for, just like the Ops Manager has the option to turn on toolpaths for the selected operation so you can arrow-key through that and see toolpaths turn on and off. Makes finding stuff easier.

If you go into the levels manager, in the settings, and check on "Only active level is visible" and "Arrow keys set active level" and leave everything else unchecked, I think you can accomplish what you're looking for?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jake L said:

If you go into the levels manager, in the settings, and check on "Only active level is visible" and "Arrow keys set active level" and leave everything else unchecked, I think you can accomplish what you're looking for?

It's, it's... it's beautiful!

#CriesALittleTearOfJoy

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, cruzila said:

Now, can we have levels visible but NOT selectable?? Or is that just too much?

:hijack off:

Back in the day (X7) there was another enhancement request high up the pole, for making levels similar to Autocad - ie you can lock them with no edit, to stop accidental moving or deletion....

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, cruzila said:

Now, can we have levels visible but NOT selectable?? Or is that just too much?

:hijack off:

That would be pretty awesome. Especially if you could set the transparency on a level-by-level basis.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, OVodov said:

Everyone wants real CAD inside Mastercam.

Why not? Take some of the market away from Solidworks. 

BTW, if you look at Gibbscam's solid modeling and wireframe geometry, you would run away screaming like Cameron Diez  at the end of Very Bad Things. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jobnt said:

Go try Gibbscam, you'll NEVER complain about Mastercam's modeling again. Ever. 

I have.  lol.

I use TopSolid to do all of my modeling.  It's not quite as robust as SolidWorks but it's really nice.  I'd rather do all of my programming and modeling in the same system. 

If I had it my way, we'd just use TopSolid for everything.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:33 PM, SuperHoneyBadger said:
On 6/29/2023 at 6:05 AM, NateP17 said:

You could add a prefix that will order them the way you want.

For example

"1-a-(name)"

"1-b-(name)"

"2-a-(name)"

then you can resort by name

That is what I do. Except..

05-...

15-...

23-...

35-...

That way I can add 4 before and 5 after and I don't have to renumber a bunch in case I miss something. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3