Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lock Length not Working

Reko

5 hours ago, neurosis said:

I know this is a dumb question but I have to ask.  Are the z depths the same on both ends of the line?

I just tried this and the line length works as I would expect it to. 

1 hour ago, Span said:

I see the same thing, turn off 'Automatically determine Z depth' and it works correctly.

That was it! Thanks!

Sort of lazy on my part to not click around a bit to see if I could figure it out, but reading the click boxes, I didn't think those would affect my length.

Thank again. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Reko said:

Sort of lazy on my part to not click around a bit to see if I could figure it out, but reading the click boxes, I didn't think those would affect my length.

still though, it raises a question that was answered and may just help the next guy 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

You mean the we want to make your life harder to use the software function with no ability at start up to turn it off?

I was going to ask this question.  I hate that button, and always forget to turn it off.   There's no way to keep it off by default?

4 hours ago, neurosis said:

Mine isn't turned on by default. I'm pretty sure that it never was but I can't tell you why or how.  :D 

I asked for this on the official forum and seeing how I am getting answered to emails from December of Last year from them I will say next year they will get around to logging it as an official request. Maybe is someone nicer asks it will get some attention. I need to earn a living using this software and when things like this slow me down I seem to not come across pleasantly for some strange reason. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

I asked for this on the official forum and seeing how I am getting answered to emails from December of Last year from them I will say next year they will get around to logging it as an official request. Maybe is someone nicer asks it will get some attention. I need to earn a living using this software and when things like this slow me down I seem to not come across pleasantly for some strange reason. :unsure:

Keep working them crazy^millman. You catch more bugs than anyone else and we appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Can someone give me an example where this feature is useful?

Not sure about your question, but I believe I read somewhere that "automatically determine Z depth" will be defaulted to off in MC25