Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How set Mastercam to achieve this effect?

On 3/5/2024 at 11:53 PM, bird2010 said:

Yes, you are someone who actually uses Mastercam every day!!!
"Reasonable non-retraction" is more efficient than "every time" retraction
I am not good at English, I am from Taiwan,I have to use google translate,I can't fully express what I mean!
Our company is a legal user, but the maintenance period is no longer renewed, but we are still a legal user.
Because of efficiency issues, the company has to choose between Solidcam or Tebis, and the company has switched to Solidcam.
I like Mastercam. If I were a Solidcam or Tebis user, I would hope that Mastercam never improves, instead of hoping that Mastercam can be perfect!
I only have one account! I don't do meaningless things!

People here are not friendly. I never knew Americans were so unfriendly. Thank you all for letting me know about American demeanor.
I don't need to come in here anymore! Thank you all

You are a child, an immature adult, and have no grace!
And you are so self-righteous that you are an obstacle to Mastercam's progress!
It's you who make me feel very bad about Americans!

Thank you for your deep dive into the last 52 years of my life by just a few exchanges of a thread where just a basic file with something to help you would have been a way to bridge the communication gap. A picture tells a 1000 words. Can teach a person to fish and feed them for life verses giving them the fish only feeds them for the day.

Well you have missed out and glad i have plenty of friends in Asia that would disagree with your assessment. All the best and hopefully the issue that is stopping you from using the software to its fullest can be resolved, but the issue is you are not longer able to get update so even if it resolved in the future your company switched to a different software and that fix would never be realized to be used by your company so the whole topic helped in what way if the software is limited to not do it exactly as you have stated it must do it to be usable?

• Like 2

Thanks
I have solved it ,but it doesn't work for every model
Mastercam’s core algorithm still needs to change

This is just a forced calculation

I'm not here to criticize Mastercam
I really like Mastercam

sorry, I am not good at English

image.png.08036a2d32f9184787ad4bd0803c1318.png

image.png.37f95a62d5307c6494ab8c989ade7b83.png

image.png.db9b85d241b5b2032e0c6fd0bdbda64d.png

1 hour ago, bird2010 said:

Thanks

What settings did you use to get this to work?

3 hours ago, bird2010 said:

Thanks

I'm not here to criticize Mastercam
I really like Mastercam

image.png.08036a2d32f9184787ad4bd0803c1318.png

image.png.37f95a62d5307c6494ab8c989ade7b83.png

image.png.db9b85d241b5b2032e0c6fd0bdbda64d.png

Glad you got the results you were looking for. Again not sure what good it does you if the company will never go past the version you have, but you are happy you got to get it off your chest so I guess there is that.

Still have yet to see a file so sorry if I take what your saying with a bit of skepticism.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, neurosis said:

What settings did you use to get this to work?

Mastercam's optirough cannot achieve this effect
But some people think that they are very proficient in Mastercam, and they always say that it can be achieved, but they cannot practice it after doing it.
This is only forcibly calculated. This method is only used temporarily and is not suitable for complex models.

"The final solution is that Mastercam's optirough core algorithm needs to change the algorithm"!!!

You're the only one here who believes I'm here to discuss, not criticize.
I can share the method with you, but I can only reveal it and cannot say it directly because I cannot guarantee 100% safety.
But Solidcam and Tebis have optimized core algorithms and are safe.

I just temporarily use "Moduleworks" to make forced links...so you should be able to understand what function is used.

"The final solution is that Mastercam's optirough core algorithm needs to change the algorithm"!!!
I hope it will help Mastercam’s future optimization!

9 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Glad you got the results you were looking for. Again not sure what good it does you if the company will never go past the version you have, but you are happy you got to get it off your chest so I guess there is that.

Still have yet to see a file so sorry if I take what your saying with a bit of skepticism.

Our company makes aerospace parts, and aerospace parts have a lot of reinforcing ribs. At this time, not retracting is the most efficient thing.
I can't upload files and I can't afford it if Boeing, Airbus, Mitsubishi or Sumitomo file a lawsuit

I only express my personal opinions, not the opinions of the company! If the license leaks out and the company pursues it... I did not buy the license with personal money! This is the reason for not uploading the file, I just publish it as a fan post

As a person and enthusiast who has used Mastercam for many years, I would be happy if Mastercam can improve...I don’t need any benefits.
Isn’t this a place where Mastercam enthusiasts gather? I don’t understand why verification of legality is more important than actual discussion of the issue. How many people are actually discussing the issue of posting? Only neurosis!

I don't believe your Asian friend's opinion, because Asians really, really hate unnecessary retraction! Just seeing the z-axis dancing violently is inefficient and damages the machine, causing maintenance costs and downtime.

image.png.48797acf4b669bcd7ebd036c1f54fb53.pngIs this you? If so, I apologize to you! Because I said you are an immature person...Sorry!!!
But...why is your conversation extreme?  Taiwanese people are friendly !
I know you are on youtube! I believe you will help people!
But it becomes an obstacle to Mastercam's progress...I don't apologize for this sentence
Because Mastercam needs more users who point out shortcomings, not more users who only praise.

8 hours ago, bird2010 said:

If the license leaks out and the company pursues it... I did not buy the license with personal money! This is the reason for not uploading the file, I just publish it as a fan post

Your license cannot leak out. It is not included in the file.

The license number of the hasp that created the file is included in the file.

Only a dealer's hasp can see that number. 

I don’t understand why verification of legality is more important than actual discussion of the issue.

This is a forum for legal users. If you read the Terms of Agreement when you signed up, you'll see the

administrators of this forum can request your license number and ban you if you fail to provide it.

That is rare as we normally operate on the honor system.

As for the ethical issues, using stolen software makes the user a liar and a thief.

Many of the users here are private contractors who compete on the open market for work.

A thief with a stolen seat of Mastercam can work cheaper than a person with a legal seat.

Personally, I purchased Mastercam with my own money in 1998 and have kept it current ever since... and I have lost a lot of work to contractors and companies running stolen software.

It took a lot of money and sacrifice over the years to keep my seat current and  I have no use for liars and thieves using stolen software. 

• Like 4

Our company makes aerospace parts, and aerospace parts have a lot of reinforcing ribs. At this time, not retracting is the most efficient thing.
I can't upload files and I can't afford it if Boeing, Airbus, Mitsubishi or Sumitomo file a lawsuit

I only express my personal opinions, not the opinions of the company! If the license leaks out and the company pursues it... I did not buy the license with personal money! This is the reason for not uploading the file, I just publish it as a fan post

As a person and enthusiast who has used Mastercam for many years, I would be happy if Mastercam can improve...I don’t need any benefits.
Isn’t this a place where Mastercam enthusiasts gather? I don’t understand why verification of legality is more important than actual discussion of the issue. ...
But it becomes an obstacle to Mastercam's progress...I don't apologize for this sentence
Because Mastercam needs more users who point out shortcomings, not more users who only praise.

Hundreds, if not thousands of users here work under the same conditions as you (i.e. cannot share proprietary data), but you know what, the people GENUINELY desiring help, figure out a way to not violate NDA's AND get the help they need/desire.

If you were here to help the community you would share your findings not just your critiques. I may be the only one, I may not be, but I think you are a shill for another software brand in a Mastercam User forum.

Nobody cares if you're good at english or not. Really. There are people from all over the world here all the time and they manage to get what they are looking for most of the time.

The fact you refuse to post even a sample part makes you suspicious. We roast software pirates here for sport. Since you're allegedly a legal user, why not post a small portion of a part, or create some geometry that illustrates your contentions. Verification of legality is more important at this point because you are posting in a suspicious manner, repeatedly.

NOBODY CARES IF YOU'RE GOOD AT ENGLISH. NOBODY!

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Hundreds, if not thousands of users here work under the same conditions as you (i.e. cannot share proprietary data), but you know what, the people GENUINELY desiring help, figure out a way to not violate NDA's AND get the help they need/desire.

If you were here to help the community you would share your findings not just your critiques. I may be the only one, I may not be, but I think you are a shill for another software brand in a Mastercam User forum.

Nobody cares if you're good at english or not. Really. There are people from all over the world here all the time and they manage to get what they are looking for most of the time.

The fact you refuse to post even a sample part makes you suspicious. We roast software pirates here for sport. Since you're allegedly a legal user, why not post a small portion of a part, or create some geometry that illustrates your contentions. Verification of legality is more important at this point because you are posting in a suspicious manner, repeatedly.

NOBODY CARES IF YOU'RE GOOD AT ENGLISH. NOBODY!

I always say...sorry, I am not good at English at the end of my posts.
I'm sorry, you will see very strange English, just apologies
Why do you always distort the meaning?
Forget it, you are also very unfriendly!
What you said is right. I shouldn't have spoken. I shouldn't have come here.
I'm really sorry

13 minutes ago, AMCNitro said:

He says he's here to discuss and not criticize.  But then he launches personal attacks...

I attack?
I apologize to everyone if my English is expressed like this
I don't understand the language. I shouldn't be here. I just quit and don't come in again.
Once again, I apologize to everyone!

33 minutes ago, neurosis said:

Software pirate or not, I'd like to see Mastercam be able to do this.  :D  

In the future, when Mastercam is really completed, does it have something to do with this theme?
But...now I am being attacked by everyone
If it were you, how would you feel....

8 minutes ago, bird2010 said:

In the future, when Mastercam is really completed, does it have something to do with this theme?
But...now I am being attacked by everyone
If it were you, how would you feel....

I've been there.

When I first started posting on this forum over 15 years ago I came from a system called Cimatron.  There were some things that I couldn't do in Mastercam that were simple in Cimatron so my questions were always framed negatively "why can't mastercam do this" using Cimatron as an example.  I was met with the same negativity, although I was never labeled as a pirate.  I was however, willing to post files any time they asked for one. Even if it were just an example.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bird2010 said:

I'm really sorry

I attack?
I don't understand the language. I shouldn't be here. I just quit and don't come in again.

Post a fragment of a part, or even a sample Mastercam file that is "similar" to the part you're trying to machine then we can help you, which we STILL want to do. We're ALL in the same boat regardless of what you may think. We want Mastercam to continue to develop into a better product, more efficient toolpaths, more efficient metal removal strategies, etc... it doesn't get better unless we can see examples. Many of us submit product enhancement requests to Mastercam. This could fall into that category if you'd just post up a file. Yes, it REALLY is that easy.

That fact you continue down the path you continue to go down tells ME you're not interested in getting help, you're just in here to shill for another CAM system.

As for me being very unfriendly. Fair enough. That's your (and probably some others if I'm being honest) opinion. There's a fairly large number of people I have and do help all over the world that may disagree though. I probably am a pain in the @$$ to a lot of people, but at least I bring A LOT of information and experience to the table to offset some of the negatives.

ALL of this "unfriendliness" could have been avoided though by just posting a sample file at your first or second post. It REALLY was that easy. You chose this path, not us.

11 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

This 💩 is wild!!

Welcome to the dark underbelly of the interwebz. :rofl:

And I suspect this topic is going to disappear into the ether at some point in the not too distant future. :rofl:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bird2010 said:

I'm really sorry

I attack?

You can go here: Forums – myMastercam 

The developers are in this location and you can ask them directly. You can also email [email protected] and ask your question directly. You may or may not get a developer here.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, cruzila said:

You can go here: Forums – myMastercam 

You will need to download a utility that validates that a Mastercam license is attached to your computer.

It will then give you a code that allows you to register.

Once you've registered you can access the forum from any computer, but you have to revalidate your license once a year.

If you want to talk to the people that develop Mastercam, this is the place to be.

Create an account

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cncappsjames said:

And I suspect this topic is going to disappear into the ether at some point in the not too distant future.

Ron made a good point when he said, and I'm going to chop this up with a horrible paraphrasing; if you're not on maintenance, what do you gain from your attempt to make mastercam better.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before jumping on the dog pile.

That said, I'd like to see this work in Mastercam. :D

• Like 1
1 minute ago, neurosis said:

That said, I'd like to see this work in Mastercam.

Agreed, this would be a good feature in optirough. There's cases where retracting would be faster, but there's definitely cases where "staying down" would be faster.

8 minutes ago, Jake L said:

Agreed, this would be a good feature in optirough.

The sample he posted from Tebis was not roughing 

It was a finish toolpath, just like the sample I did in MC

Admittedly, I did not do the floor and the wall with one toolpath, but we don't know if he did either.

The trouble with Mastercam Optirough is it uses the tallest stock value to determine where is goes to retract.

There have been occasions where I've used the new STL tools to chop my stock model down  to keep the retracts low.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, neurosis said:

if you're not on maintenance, what do you gain from your attempt to make mastercam better.

If you're a pirate, you just download the next release from Cracks-R-US and reap the benefits of the hard work and $$$ legal users have invested in improving the software.

That's just one more reason why pirates are scumbags. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, gcode said:

The sample he posted from Tebis was not roughing 

It was a finish toolpath, just like the sample I did in MC

Admittedly, I did not do the floor and the wall with one toolpath, but we don't know if he did either.

The trouble with Mastercam Optirough is it uses the tallest stock value to determine where is goes to retract.

There have been occasions where I've used the new STL tools to chop my stock off to keep the retracts low

Didn't know it was a finishing toolpath, in that case your sample seems to match it really well.

When I first attempted to make this work a couple days ago I tried unified to try and get the motion. It gave me the correct motion, but I thought OP was looking for a roughing path to have full control of the stepover. So I scrapped the unified path