Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solid Works with Mastercam

Trapper Paul

I use SW for fixture design. Once I'm happy with

a design I can assign it a WCS in SolidWorks

and bring my model and WCS into Mastercam as a parasolid.

I have one customer who required setup and operation sketches for all programs. I can produce

professional looking shop sketches in SW in a 1/4

the time it takes in Mastercam.

In short I design and draw in SolidWorks, amd cut it in Mastercam.

Great guys,

Its kind of what I thought, but didn't know its a time saver that it sounds like.

how about my other post.... how do i get a mold to animate (open and close) in mastercam?

I would also ask in SW but realy don't know what I'm talking about or asking because I haven't played with it yet, Again Thanks All

My prices are a few years old, but the basic pakage is about $4500. They'll say you a required to buy maintenace at 15% , but if you stick your guns they'll fold on that.

I buy maintenance every other year and they alway want to charge me a "reinstatement fee" cause I let maintenance laspe. So far I've always been able to talk them out of that too.

If you do a lot of fixture design you will never be sorry you bought it.

HI

Ouch.

I don't think so.

No way I'm going to spend that much on a program that won't MAKE anything. Nothing I do is complex enough to justify the $$$, whereas I'm using MC to program 2 machining centers, and hopefully soon my turning center. Now that's return on investment.

SW will just have to wait a little while longer.

Thanks for the info

JOhn

quote:

how about my other post.... how do i get a mold to animate (open and close) in mastercam?

No you can't do that in Mcam by itself, but there is a Mold/Electrode making package called Moldplus that runs within Mcam and automates core/cavity seperation on true 3d models (but only with surface part files, not solids). It can also animate the speration, i.e. show it open & show it closed. It's the best (if not only?) mold package for Macam. You can find out about it at http://www.moldplus.com

Wow nice responses, I'll be checking them out after I get SW's.

My cost (I'm new to this, not sure if giving out pricing is ok, but hey where just talking).

$1,295 plus $500 reactivation costs. Now this is just turning on our 2nd seat that has been expired for 3 years.

I have just been promoted to mold designer along with being Sr. Moldmaker. I Am looking very forward to this.

As far as Mold Plus, I'm a bit tired of Mastercam add-on's, and costly too! And its not in solids.

For me...no way. For design work especially part design its solids all the way.

Thanks Paul