Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stupid Human Tricks!

nofalloff

I think I forgot an M08 somewhere! banghead.gif This wasn't the most encouraging thing to have happen when I tried to make my first part with out a professor or the lab tech helping today. Think I need to check the spindle speed also.

D’OH!

gotcoolant.jpg

looks like you need a regrind bonk.gif

i've never ruined an endmill...ok, I lie. flame.gif

hope it wasn't the final exam rolleyes.gif

its a learning experience like the guys said. it happens to the best of them. glad you showed us, it was good for a laugh. on the serious side, though, it's always best to measure twice, cut once. Nothing beats experience when learning.

OK, got a mold ready to machine now...gotta run. I think I'll recheck to make sure coolant is on eek.gif

Yea well have you ever melted (i mean WELDED one of those p.o.s. iscar 1 fluters (1/2) to a piece of steel to the point when you loosen the vise to move the head up (because of Z axis overload) and take the tool out of the spindle to break it off the part? did that one quite a few years back, and they still claim its a good plunging tool.

Don't feel bad. My nickname in school was "Crash" biggrin.gif

The best one I did was writing a program by hand and forgetting to turn the spindle on. I pushed a 3/8 drill right through a 1" block of aluminum.

It was after that incident I figured out that a good slide hold technique beat the prayer method every time.