Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T: Bye all.

RStuart

Well, its now official. In 2 weeks I will be changing jobs and using Mastercam no more frown.gif . The company I am going to uses surfcam. I am not going to be using it though. I am actually taking a step backwards and reentering the tool and die trade. More money than I currently make and less hassle. Payin those bills is more important. There is a chance that in the future I will get back into programming with this new company, but right now I am moving with the money. Of course I will be checking in frequently to see how X is. Will always be a Mastercam'er at heart. cheers.gif

Hate to hear it Rstuart. Is there not any programming jobs in your area? If you would be interested in relocating, I know of a job for a MC Lathe, and Wire programming job. I understand about paying the bills. Gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck in your new venture. Hope you can get on gramming there or land somthing else soon. cheers.gif

Best of luck to you, RStuart. cheers.gif Maybe you can convince them to change to MC. If that doesn't work, maybe you could talk them into shop floor programming. At least you could keep your programming skills sharp. It's not a bad thing to learn other software.

Check back in from time to time and let us know how you're doing.

Thad

Well, I am just about half way through my final 2 weeks. Company's been having me work 12 hours a day and now 6 hours on Saturday to try and get them ahead a bit. Also asked me if I would do contract work for them if needed. My have just quit one job and replaced it with two.

This may be a great opprotunity for you. Getting to know the field of robotics may be a BIG help in the future. With everything being automated now it's only in your best interest ti know robotics. It may open some doors down the road. Speaking from experience, try to learn all you can about automation. Robots and other automation such as vision systems are now what CNC's were 25 years ago. Best of luck.