Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT - Thinking Aloud

Bullines

quote:

For the time being, I think I may begin to delete threads on the topic of:

-Kerry bashing

-Bush bashing

-Democrats ra-ra-ra

-Republicans hip-hip-hooray

Yeah, I think I can do that.

How about you wait till "X" is released, then

at least we'll have something to do biggrin.gif

Figured I'd run that by you. tongue.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

you think maybe we should do away with elections and just have the monarchy come back...you know when there was anarchy and destruction like the good ole dark ages wink.gif ...oh wait a min.....thats happening now...sheesh....cant win either way...lol.... and that quip about bashing the canadians thing ....i wont take offence...i might take the house....the car...even your dog...but i wont take a fence wink.gif

I agree with Bullines! This political stuff is getting old and redundant. We should just start hijacking threads with political twists... cool.gif BTW, that speach by shrub was very powerful. He even started to water up a bit when he was talking about victim's families. (I suppose I did too.. :/ )

Kerry's d00m3d! grinyes.gif

Bullines,

Thank you for posting this thread called Thinking Aloud.

Admittedly, I have attitude, and, I care very much for similar and differing opinions alike. So I don’t respond to many of the frag this and that threads, many others do not as well. Unfortunately sometimes the attitudes, swearing, and insulting can get the best of us – it doesn’t make it right and it doesn’t make it so much wrong. Yes, this is a Mastercam forum and yes it is also an excellent resource for general machining as well. I clearly respect this and do indeed appreciate this forum for the viable service that it is.

Clearly, to the best of my knowledge, most off topic political stuff is marked as O/T. Tonight for instance, there are 3 new thread topics with a flavor of politics. I am probably somehow responsible since I believe I that started the first political thread “One Tin Soldier” given that, would you still consider deleting it? Mark Lovelace and A-Ron might well have never existed, and truly, this would be a shame.

The run with James and Jayson was simply too much fun for all given the Clint Eastwood angle with my mud bath and all that. The Starfleet thing was a blast as well (so I’m told). So the Seabiscuit story might not have impressed many – but I thought it great fun. The fab four and the famous sippy cup incidence was also way too cool - even for Rek’d.

Where is the line drawn for political correctness? In fact, how can anybody perpetuate the ambition or flavor of protocol? Not I, and that says a lot whether people agree or disagree.

I appreciate your concern about such prevalence regarding the elections and the bashing of Kerry and Bush and the seemingly endless opinions/threads, but it is just that; it’s the nature of the beast, it’s also what makes this forum great.

Please be patient and lets the chips fall where they will.

P.S. Bush will lose on November 2nd, but just barely – that’s just in case you go though with this – please tell your father in law, but he already knows about it anyways - just ask him biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 09-03-2004, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]