Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X crack ???

gcode

When V9 came out, there were shops running cracked

V9 before I got my offical V9 disks in the mail.

CNC Software has upgraded to HASP4 for X.

I know there is no such thing as uncrackable

copyright protect, but will HASP4 make a difference??

As a legitmate user, it really bugs me seeing

companies pay $40 for software I've paid many thousands to own.

Has anyone seen cracked X yet??

From googling HASP4 it looks like you have to

downloaod a file from the crack dealer, run it

and send the results back. The crack dealer then sends you the crack codes.

When you concider that you're dealing with a criminal in the first place, this opens the wannabe crack user to all sorts of trouble from the crack dealer.

If he's an "honest" crack dealer you get crack codes, if not, the download files turns your comupter into a zombie or loads a keylogger into your system. Just deserts IMO biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm hopefull that I'll get my offical copy of X in the mail before some scumbag emails

me with cracked X for sale rolleyes.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

The harder something is to crack, the more chance it has to be cracked. That's what it's all about right? Bragging rights. In fact, the harder it is, the beter the crack right?

Everyone loves a challenge.

on the other hand...

I've known people overseas who have cracked versions of catia, mcam, pro E, you name it. Teaching at a university using all pirated software. it's sad. I actually felt bad for those guys. a school in a third world country can't afford to buy the software, even at a discounted price. Their government is too busy stuffing their own pockets to know that their schools need help.

I have never understood why companies wouldn't buy legit copies of their software. it's a good investment. Oh well.

Toad,

I USED the cracked version of X to see what it was all about because nobody was talking. It was beta three, and I honestly stumbled upon it during an innocent "mastercam X" search. I posted when I saw it. Probably close to a year ago.

I KNOW I'm not the only one. I might be the only one to admit it though.

I don't think there's a mystery here, and you haven't "uncovered" anything. You imply that you need to search hard for a cracked version of mastercam, but you dont. Even TODAY with all the hype about mastercam x, a google search for "mastercam x" gives you illegal crap on the 11th result. That's the first result on the second page.

An innocent search leads you to "free" mastercam X.

I guess I am guilty, but I'm no criminal, and I resent the fact that someone would imply that I am one. (because I was part of this thread)

Paul

The Chinese sites have had Mastercam X and crack out for some time now. I'm sure they will steal the commercial version in a few days if they already haven’t.

The major user of pirated software is CHINA!!!

I know first hand, when I worked for a Chinese bicycle manufacturer all the software in both China and Taiwan where the best and latest pirated software.

I might add that I no longer work for the Chinese, mostly because of thier illegal and immoral business practices.

If the consumers only knew, MADE IN THE USA, yeh right! curse.gif

This was posted in a usenet newsgroup don't know how accurate it is though.

quote:

Is MasterCAM X ready for "distribution"?

quote:

Yes we recieved our software last week.

Looks like the hackers have already got their copy

quote:

I never said you or anyone else was a criminal.

Toad,

You didn't say it, but you implied it, i.e,

quote:

...VERY interesting some of you...have already "seen" the cracked version of X.

Trust me, this forum is the wrong place for word games! wink.gif

Cracked software is illegal and those who produce, sell, buy, or use it are breaking the law. Cracked software is also unfortunately a fact of life in this business that we all need to be aware of. Just because someone has knowledge of an illegal activity doesn't necessarily mean they are a participant in it, and I also resent the implication in your statement. I too have "seen" the illegal web and P2P sites that peddle cracked software. I also know where the heroin dealers in my town hang out. Does either of those bits of information implicate me in any way? Nothing personal here, it's just that the tone of your statement rubbed me the wrong way and as you can see this is a touchy subject around here. My advice is if you have something to say in the forum, just say it. If I misunderstood the intent of your statement I apologize...but I don't think I misunderstood the implication. wink.gif

BTW...thanks alot pip!! I spewed coffee out meh nose and all over meh keyboard!

Gawd...that's nasty!! eek.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

Cracked software is illegal and those who produce, sell, buy, or use it are breaking the law.

I have had this discussion with alot of my peers.

I always thought the same thing.

But, some say that while selling and distrubiting cracked software is illegal, it is not illegal to crack any software for your own personal use.

I am not sure I believe their opinion or not but consider this...

Just think about how many billions of dollars our government could make if they policed the private civillian's computer and fined them for non licenced software. We could pay off the national debt I think headscratch.gif

Napster....makes you go hrmmmm headscratch.gif loopholes in everything....

Well here's a question. A grey area let's say.

First of all, I am not condoning or decrying the use of "cracked" software, I simply ask the question as a point of discussion.

You're a machinist and you work somewhere that uses CAD/CAM W let's say. You believe that you could learn to use this software and perhaps better youself in your job opportunities.

So you surf the 'net and/or contact, perhaps someone you know. You procure this piece of software. Now you spend the next 6 months of your spare time learning how this works. No money has been made, no shop had benefitted from your "illegal" activity.

Now you can go out and get a legitimate shot at possibly jumping a rung on the ladder of advancement, at whose cost? The software, rightfully so, is too expensive for a person to purchase to learn on but the desire to better oneself has led to a technical breach of the law.

Is using a piece of software in such a manner wrong?

No one is technically harmed. The software company was not going to make a sale there.

By doing so the user has just created another user of the software and expanded the base of people using "software w". It seems that in the end the more people that use the software the greater the chances of more sales because more people can use the software profitably.

Opinions?

Software manufacturers can help in this situation. Solid Works personal edition is available for free for just the purpose you describe. I've heard a little about the Mastercam "demo" version and I wonder if that would be available for free to people who want to learn ?

I am sure I know what the BSA's opinion would be... (pay up sucka !$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)