Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Maintenance expiring

DrewG,

I don't know if we can save you dude.

You've gone pretty far over the edge, it's gonna be tough to get your feet back under you...

First step in the looong journey would be admitting that it's actually worth using again...

Then would actually come the hands on, to learn what it CAN do for you.

cheers.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to so much resurrect this thread so much but this fit here I thought.

Circle mill and helix bore are something many of us use everyday, well for all the talk of how great NX CAM is, here is another example of having to purchase yet another module. This question is off of the UGS BBS and is answered by one Mark Rief, VP of CAM.

quote:

If you do a lot of this, take a look at holemaking. It includes spiral and

helical milling of holes. And I know, you want it outside of holemaking, but

for now it is only in holemaking.

Mark

"Dan Yeager" wrote in message

>

> I have tried various methods to achieve the results I'm looking for, so

> I'm going

> ask what is probably a very stupid question. I have a hole (or a slot)

> that is

> 1" in diameter. I want to circle mill the final size with a 1/2" endmill.

> Is there

> an easy way to make the endmill drop down in the center of the hole

> automatically.

> I've tried using planar profile and altering the engage/retract parameters

> to get

> what I want, but I can never seem to get it exactly right. Does anyone

> have a better

> suggestion?

>

> Thanks,

> Dan

quote:

Mastercam X MR1 is the first Maintenance release for Mastercam X. It includes both bug fixes and new functionality. This release will go to all customers in the Maintenance program.

This is a huge issue with me. Bug fixes have no business being in a maintenance release. Come out with service packs to fix bugs...why is CNC alienating those who are not on maintenance? I understand wanting to make $$$ (which in turn helps development) via a maintenance program, but forcing people into by fixing their mistakes (software bugs) is not a honorable way to practice business. Added fuctionality is a whole other story...Getting something new & better is worth paying for...paying fees to fix CNC's mistakes is bs.gif

As far as other cad/cam packages are concerened...All mastercam users should encourage other companies to innovate & seek out other options. This in turn forces CNC to keep on their toes & not rest on their laurels. Competition keeps prices down & the product better.

I know that CNC did make quite a few users (including myself) pretty upset with the whole X release fiasco. 2 years behind schedule is crazy. Now maintenance releases are being delayed (1 month and counting). Makes me wonder how many users have to renew their plan to get something that was supposed to be released last month. CNC could really do themselves a favor & keep quiet about things till they are 100% sure on a release date.

quote:

Bug fixes have no business being in a maintenance release

The official name of the release we are waiting for is "MR1/SP2". In other words it contains enhancements for maintenance users (MR1) and pesticide for non maintenace users (SP2).

Both maintenance users and non maintenance users

install the same software. The software and SIM decide whether the MR1 enhancements will run or not. If you're not on maintenance, you just get the bug fixes (for free)

So JMC did you get that becuase I do not see a opps coming up. All people get bug fixes. Maintence people get enhacements such as those who did not keep maintence but got X. So they get the SP2 while those of us on Maintence get MR1 which is SP2 with added features.

So everyone gets bug fixes for free and the death to CNC Software might be a little out of line since you are saying that on information you have that is wrong. Have a nice day.

quote:

from the November 2005 Mastercam Newsflash

What's Coming in MR1

Mastercam X MR1 is the first Maintenance release for Mastercam X. It includes both bug fixes and new functionality. This release will go to all customers in the Maintenance program.

The anticipated release date is December 16. The functional scope of MR1 includes the release of an additional X product – Mastercam Wire. It also includes Mastercam Router enhancements (Door C-Hook and ATP), 2D Mill multi-pass threading, 3D Mill highspeed toolpaths, surface modeling enhancements, and overall bug fixes.

Online help and PDF documentation will be provided for Wire and the new surface toolpaths, so don’t forget to check it out. For more information, please visit
or contact your local Mastercam Reseller.

yes...I am sorry...but there is TONS of info about SP2 in that newletter.

quote:

death to CNC Software might be a little out of line

I think you have misinterpreted my post. Benign critcal of a company is NOT calling for the death of them. You should hear what I got to say about Micro$oft.....

quote:

I am sorry...but there is TONS of info about SP2 in that newletter

Mastercam is bending over backwards to take care of their customers, maintenance and non maintenance customers alike.

Obviously they made the decsion that another

service pack was required after the release of that newsletter. Most software companies leave their non maintenace customers twisting in the wind, no matter how buggy it may be. Let your

CATIA or Vericut maintenance expire and see what kind of support you get eek.gif