Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X MR1/SP2 Now Available

quote:

If you installed over SP1 then the first thing we did was an unistall. The uninstall does not remove any files that have been created or changed by you. If you installed in a parallel directory structure the files would have been moved over to the new directories if you let the migration utility run.

Ken,

In installed over of my old installation and I don't have the toolbars set up the way they were. I copied all files before installing just is case.

If I created a custom toolbar in the past and it was part of my default startup, where would that info be stored, in the .mtb file? I have the correct .mtb file set as default but the custom toolbars are not there. I get a "factory" toolbar setup on launching MCX.

Thad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the What's New? file....

quote:

Clearing the Selection List

We received many requests for a simple way to clear the selected list of entities. Starting in MR1/SP2, if [Esc] is pressed while no function is currently active, the selection list is cleared.

A simple way to clear the selected list of entities???? How about the icon that's right there? Now the nice feature of keeping entites selected if something goes awry during the process is virtually disabled by us die hard Esc key pounders. You've doubled up a command that now practically eliminates a nice feature. Who hear hasn't hit the Esc key one too many times when exiting an operation? Now you've got to go back and repick all the geometry! curse.gif

Thad

quote:

I have the correct .mtb file set as default but the custom toolbars are not there. I get a "factory" toolbar setup on launching MCX.

I rebooted and my custom toolbars showed up but I get a bunch of errors at startup. I recreated the toolbars and all is well.

Thad

quote:

Now you've got to go back and repick all the geometry!

So what we really need is a reselect button. like the undo 'redo' button. I can see your point Thad but I also know that I have pressed esc alot to unselect the geometry. Now when I press esc it will actually do what I am trying to do. The bad thing is that I have not used X enough to realize that hitting Esc did not do any good. bonk.gif

So what we really need is a reselect button. that is what I am sticking with.

Jody

quote:

Thad - Bummer - Hitting Escape to clear the selection list was something we got beat up on quite a bit.

quote:

I can see your point Thad but I also know that I have pressed esc alot to unselect the geometry.

My point is that the feature to unselect all is already there in the autocursor ribbon bar. Now it practically ruins a new feature, just to be able to do the samething that you can already do. I'm really disappointed with this. frown.gif

Thad

quote:

right click in level menager and check contrast rows...

Works fine in X but if you're still using ver 9 it'll stay all white. Even if you turn the contrast back on in x.

But i can live w/ or w/out it.

It is kinda neat though. I remember some people were saying it was causing them to experience vertigo.

MR1/SP2 CD install:

CD version is only available through your Mastercam reseller at this point.

Non English Windoes OS:

The install checks to see if your Windows OS is a NON English version. If so, then it will NOT show you any updates.

If you are NOT using a language translated version of Mastercam, then you can download the MR1/SP2 using the link on mastercam.com. If you are using a Language translated verison of Mastercam, please contact your reseller to get the MR1/SP2 version.

Thad's toolbar issue.

Thad, you probably should send your files to QC as this may take a few back and forths and just swamp this post. It should work, but as Ken said there could be some issues with chook toolbar items and such.